Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash on the dual carriageway this morning

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

Did any of you guys get caught up in the traffic from the crash on the dual carriageway just past Coonagh this morning? Hopefully no one was hurt.

I passed it about 7.30, there were three undercover garda cars on the scene along with a patrol car stopping traffic, seems odd for a one car collision. The car was a red corrolla van, not exactly a sham car, but not a million miles either.

Anyone know whats the story?

Edit:
    Mods, please move to an appropriate forum if needs be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭manna452121

I think that due to the heavy fog the car hit the barrier near the radisson.There has been a few crashes at that location since the road works started.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic from the bridge on the Condell road all the way to the Coonagh roundabout then suddenly it was gone.

I heard there was a crash ahead so figured I would just stay put becaus the Ennis road would be just as bad.

There was nothing I could see anywhere between the Coonagh Roundabout and the Two Mile Inn like the traffic report said.

Mysterious tail back. I was delayed around 15 minutes. No big deal for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »
    I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic from the bridge on the Condell road all the way to the Coonagh roundabout then suddenly it was gone.

I heard there was a crash ahead so figured I would just stay put becaus the Ennis road would be just as bad.

There was nothing I could see anywhere between the Coonagh Roundabout and the Two Mile Inn like the traffic report said.

Mysterious tail back. I was delayed around 15 minutes. No big deal for me really.

they loaded the car onto a transporter fairly quick, i saw them doing it after 8 as i was sailing by on the other side of the road.

Advertisement