Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo wanted

Options
  • 18-02-2010 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Anybody selling (read: giving away) or know of anybody selling a super nintendo? It doesn't need to be in mint condition just playable, with a game or two if possible and two controllers.

Please and thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

How much would one of these go for ;) have one i never use... prefect nick ( in attic for last 15 years ha )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Have seen some on ebay/amazon for $40 or so but don't ship to Ireland.

$40 :eek: sorry couldnt see myself selling at that price, must have a look at it at the weekend.

good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

gaz wac wrote: »
    $40 :eek: sorry couldnt see myself selling at that price, must have a look at it at the weekend.

good luck :)

$40=what 35 Euro.Nah,you'd get more than that. Yer man down Cork is selling them for at least sixty with a game. Can't remember exact price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

To be honest, unless it's coming with a load of sought after kick ass games, 30-40 euro is all the console is worth on its own. You'll get one on ebay for that. Pay any more and someone is ripping you off. (60 euro is stupidly expensive)

edit/ Here's a snes on it's own for about 20 euro posted to Ireland. you'll still need to get a power cable/scart cable/controller..but even after you buy them it won't be anywhere near 60 euro in total. (Plus you'd be able to get a lovely RGB scart cable and not some ****ty AV cable)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/super-nintendo-console-only-fully-tested_W0QQitemZ260552029142QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles?hash=item3caa1c73d6

Although, it's still a PAL console. Just in case you didn't know, PAL games run 17% slower than they are meant to and have horrible black boarders. So you're really better off importing either an American or Japanese one if you want to play games how they were intended.

Yes, Europe has been shafted all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, people just assume because it's old it's worth more than it is. Bear in mind that millions of these were made and while you won't find them anymore in your local game shop, they're readily available online.

€30-40 is the average for a console on it's own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think I have one of them in the attic. Ill have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Although, it's still a PAL console. Just in case you didn't know, PAL games run 17% slower than they are meant to and have horrible black boarders. So you're really better off importing either an American or Japanese one if you want to play games how they were intended.

Yes, Europe has been shafted all these years.

Thats right, unless you want to open her up and get her going at 60Hz, just put the screws back on my Megadrive and have it hooked up to a 28" CRT with a rgb cable running into the stereo socket too. Fun times

Master of the Universe

have it hooked up to a 28" CRT with a rgb cable running into the stereo socket too. Fun times

That's (In my opinion anyway) the perfect Megadrive set up you've got there. Pixels are just the right size so they're neither too sharp or too blockly.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Anybody selling (read: giving away) or know of anybody selling a super nintendo? It doesn't need to be in mint condition just playable, with a game or two if possible and two controllers.

Please and thanks.
    ===========================================================

I have a super Nintendo somewhere in the house + games, but I'll
    only start looking for it with a first bid of €100.00 + a couple of games
    of course.
    you can leave me a private message if your interested, see you all soon: cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's (In my opinion anyway) the perfect Megadrive set up you've got there. Pixels are just the right size so they're neither too sharp or too blockly.

Yeah I think so too, its just the way it was meant to be played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You'd be lucky to get more than 40 quid for it. And I wouldn't be paying more than that. As someone else said people just assume because something is old they can charge loads for it, good luck finding someone to pay the amount you're looking for when you can find it online (with a bit of searching) a lot cheaper

Master of the Universe

You'd be lucky to get more than 40 quid for it. And I wouldn't be paying more than that. As someone else said people just assume because something is old they can charge loads for it, good luck finding someone to pay the amount you're looking for when you can find it online (with a bit of searching) a lot cheaper

So true.

Unless of course he has a boxed copy of Chrono Trigger or Earthbound going along with it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I've got a Snes & 1 pad & Super Mario All Stars (label torn) currently up for trade in the Retro Trading Sticky here -http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660458&page=8
    Offer me something retro'ish and we could do a swap;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mark92

ah i used to have a snes when i was younger but for some reason threw it away. i regret it

ended up playing it at the weekend!! scary how i remember all trap doors, cheats etc on Mario !! i used to spend hours upon hours playing it !! also remember when i finished it, somthing like 2 in the morning and when i killed Bowser, i was screaming and my da came running into my bedroom cos i thought i had been attacked :D:D happy days !!

Advertisement