Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS (/general concert) question? (for Meteors friday night)

Options
  • 18-02-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Excuse my ignorance but basically I never really go to concerts/gigs and I happen to be going to RDS Simmonscourt this Friday for the meteors(won tickets). So I have a few questions.

Basically I just want to know what the deal is...they are standing tickets so I assume we'll just be peddled into some corned off area with a load of other people standing. Is it just everyman for himself to get a good standing spot? The earlier people are the better standing spot? Are there special places where they allocate a certain number of people(on the tickets there is a number like G3 458) to stand?
    What happens if you need to use the toilet/get a drink/get food/move etc., do you loose your spot?
    What is a suitable time people would recommend to turn up(doors 6pm, performance 8pm).

Any info appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

With standing tickets there is no reserved spots,if you leave to go get a drink etc it will be very hard to get back to where you were standing, if you were relatively close. Its very squashed usually. Its just one big floor,no sections(unless there is a pit).

Advertisement