Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing list - should I bother ???

Options
  • 18-02-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi there ...

Looking for a few pointers here ... cause everyone I spoke to tells me different ...

i'm a single parent but working on an income of 36K P/A ... at the moment myself and my daughrer are living with my Mum ... there's plenty of room but i want to get my own place. I'm going to apply for the affordable houseing or shared ownership - i don't believe I need to be on the housing list for this - is that correct? Also, even though my salary isn't huge is it too much to go on the housing list ??

If I do have to go on the housing list do I just ring up the housing section of the council and ask them to put me on the list or is there an interview process ??

Thansk in advance for any tips/advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also, even though my salary isn't huge is it too much to go on the housing list ??
    You should be comfortably within the limits.

However, be careful of buying now and certainly check what the claw-back provisions are if you sell int he future.

Advertisement