Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beer on tap in the local

Options
  • 18-02-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Fischer's lager has laned in the local. After a few pints I think it is pretty nice.
    Anyone have it before? It is served in its own glass straight from the fridge.
    I haven't seen it anywhere else so am wondering if it is being rolled out in Ireland?
    Either way it is not too bad and beats paying €5.10 for a pint of Staropramen :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Where did you find it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I know of two Fischer's lagers in Ireland: the really dry Alsatian one made by Heineken that normally comes in a swingtop bottle, and the smooth, sweet Munich-style one made by Erdinger and imported exclusively for Luigi Malone's. I like them both in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

I asked the barman and he said it was the Erdinger version that they sell. Yum yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Buzz Cagney

The one the serve in Luigi Malones is a cracking beer, and the frosted glass is always a nice touch. Hopefully it gets rolled out to more pubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

had this back in november 09 in Toast of Rathmines. not bad if I recall but nothing to get too excited about either :)

All over Galway at the moment, I'm told (by the manager of The Salt House where I'm writing this and where it's currently a big seller).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I do like the Luigi Malone's one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Love the stuff. A couple of places in Galway have it on tap now, and I'll generally enjoy a few pints of the stuff now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Yeah, Fischer's is fine. Quite nice for certain kinds of weather and food, I think. Light, but nice flavour.

I remember buying a BIG bottle of the stuff in France for 85c three years ago.

sarkozy wrote: »
    I think that may have been the other one:
    00034045-t0.jpg

You can get it here but it sure as hell doesn't cost 85c :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

you just can't beat Guinness, even though I have a whopper of a hangover this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

you just can't beat Guinness, even though I have a whopper of a hangover this morning.

Whats that got to do with the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

must give this a taste next time I'm in Galway, is it to be got in Dublin?

is it to be got in Dublin?
    Luigi Malone's. Though if Noreast aren't being all exclusive about it, I'd say we'll see more. Which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeclanBrady

A company called Norest beers sell Fishers
    Just wish they would sell it in a bottle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Had it in the Tapas bar there in Naas last weekend, by heck it was lovely.

Any where I could get it in Mayo? :) Probably only get it online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Is it available in Luigi Malone's restaurants throughout Ireland? Or just in their Galway and Dublin ones?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Beer Hause, Oslo, The cottage and the salt house in galway all stock the draft version.

It's the perfect warm day lager.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

sarkozy wrote: »

Probably because the stuff is almost impossible to sell over here.
    I'd consider it the worst drink available on draft in France.

Advertisement