Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballpark cost to build??

Options
  • 18-02-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I just wanted to get a ballpark figure on the cost to build and fit out a 40 bed-roomed nursing home. with rooms capable of taking two singles beds, storage space and all with en-suites? along with two communal rooms and a staff room, kitchen, office, laundry room??

Just a very general figure to help me with my planning?!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think you need more than in internet discussion forum for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 OliverM1981

muffler wrote: »
    I think you need more than in internet discussion forum for this

Ye, I probably do but im only at really initial thoughts on this idea...so just wanted to see how feasible it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Hi,

I just wanted to get a ballpark figure on the cost to build and fit out a 40 bed-roomed nursing home. with rooms capable of taking two singles beds, storage space and all with en-suites? along with two communal rooms and a staff room, kitchen, office, laundry room??

Just a very general figure to help me with my planning?!
    thanks

Typical costs of Building Nursing Homes are between €80,000 and €100,000 per bed space including fit-out. In new nursing homes 80% of the bed space need to be in single rooms.

You can find more information about the standard required on the HEalth Information and Quality Authority's website

As regards size between 60-80 beds seems to the model liked best by most operators for a cost effective point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 OliverM1981

archtech wrote: »
    Typical costs of Building Nursing Homes are between €80,000 and €100,000 per bed space including fit-out. In new nursing homes 80% of the bed space need to be in single rooms.

You can find more information about the standard required on the HEalth Information and Quality Authority's website

As regards size between 60-80 beds seems to the model liked best by most operators for a cost effective point of view.

Seriously that expensive??? I was thinking more in the 20-40k bracket per bed. Ouch!?

Advertisement