Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will DECT cordless phone interfere with DECT baby monitor?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a Philips ID937 Duo cordless phone set, which I assume uses DECT technology. I also need to buy a baby monitor, and as we live in an apartment block (with other babies), I figure that a DECT baby monitor will give us the best privacy and least interference from other household appliances.

Based on this (and on reviews), I am considering buying the Philips Avent Digital Screen DECT Baby Monitor (SCD520).

However, as both the phone and baby monitor are DECT and operate at the same frequency (I guess?), will they interfere with each other?

I have not found a specific frequency for DECT in Europe, only a spectrum. In the states, DECT seems to operate on 1.9GHz. I also cannot find what frequency my cordless phone or proposed baby monitor operate at. From American sites, the baby monitor uses 1.9GHz and from what I can see is that the cordless phone uses DECT 6.0 which I believe is also 1.9GHz.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You'll be OK. DECT uses 10 different carriers within it's fequency spectrum 1880-1900MHz, and will automatically choose one that has the strongest received signal strength . In fact this is dynamic, and it checks every 30 seconds and can dynamically jump from one channel to another as needs arise. Same as with DECT phones, you can have multiple DECT base stations in the same area (think neighbours!) and they manage just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭MartyM

Alun wrote: »
    You'll be OK. DECT uses 10 different carriers within it's fequency spectrum 1880-1900MHz, and will automatically choose one that has the strongest received signal strength . In fact this is dynamic, and it checks every 30 seconds and can dynamically jump from one channel to another as needs arise. Same as with DECT phones, you can have multiple DECT base stations in the same area (think neighbours!) and they manage just fine.

Thanks for the feedback and quick response Alun!

Advertisement