Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photovoltaic Panels.

Options
  • 18-02-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone comment on the price of supply/supply and fitting of approx. 5+ square metres of photovoltaic panels. Assuming its a new build and wiring is new and no retrofit is required.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but a search showed up nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on the price of supply/supply and fitting of approx. 5+ square metres of photovoltaic panels

Outrageous. Daylight robbery. Should be ashamed of themselves.

(sorry Quazzie, couldnt resist...):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Any reply that gives a free bump is a good one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭justflow1983

I would ring up a few suppliers and ask them, you'll get a sense really fast what the going rate is. They generally won't try too hard to rip you off because they know that if you're doing it right you're going to solicit multiple prices anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

Quazzie,
    I'm just wondering if you got any prices for the PV panels.
    ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not quiet at the stage where I'm ready to fully consider, and that was the reason for this thread to get a guideline figure. I didn't get it here so I'm still in the dark unfortunately about it. Hopefully this bump might bring it to the attention of someone who can offer a guideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

I came across this thread with interesting comments on PV panels.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055965031

Advertisement