Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste of time and inaccurate.

Options
  • 17-02-2010 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone see "Operation Transformation" tonight?
    My wife is part of the housewives group.
    An RTE crew was dispatched last week for hours to film them (costly!) doing pole dancing to help further lose weight.
    What they actually showed tonight was a waste of time (and money), inaccurate and an insult to all their efforts in exercise and strict enforced diets.
    They showed a 8/10 second clip of them pole exercising (actually one person falling on the floor), stated they were doing it in Bettystown - even though the camera crew had to actually travel to Greenhills in Drogheda to film them - and also said they'd just took it up that week to lose weight, when in fact the ladies in the class have being doing it for ages!

Is this what we are paying our licence for? Lies and inaccuracies?
    I seriously get depressed at RTE and the crap they come out with!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Biggins missus in TV not quite like real life shocker :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mike65 wrote: »
    Biggins missus in TV not quite like real life shocker :pac:
    :D The wife is real - RTE? Don't know what the hell they are. :(
    Something between fiction and make it up as they go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

From the bits and pieces I've seen of operation transformation it's like whoever is putting the show together is high on meth, lot of short clips etc. Not really sure what you were expecting tbh. It's RTÉ.

amacachi wrote: »
    It's RTÉ.
    True.
    The wife is very disappointed though by RTE's use of them and the crap they came out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Biggins wrote: »
    True.
    The wife is very disappointed though by RTE's use of them and the crap they came out with.

Why doesn't she go to the press about it, then? I would.

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    We have bigger things to worry about to be honest.
    We have a child that has Scoliosis - a non-curable spine condition - and its ever ongoing stabilisation treatments.
    So while RTE's antics are annoying, we sorta have to keep it in perspective.
    Its just annoying and I hate to see her (or let her) get worked up over smaller things when she has bigger worries enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw this tonight too... awful muck!

They used a "traffic light system" for food with a bunch of kids (8 - 10 years old probably) where they put the fatty food (chips, chicken nuggets, cocktail sausages) on a red cloth on a table, less fatty food (homemade chicken goujons and homemade tomato sauce, which looked like salsa! :eek:) on an orange cloth and then fruit and veg on a green cloth.

They then tried to convince the kids that they should "RACE TO GREEN!"! :rolleyes: Cue interviews with a couple of kids saying "I loved the kiwi and pineapple most".. it just seemed horrificly contrived!

It's like RTÉ have been taking lessons off Fox's "scripted-reality-TV!"

But it rakes in the viewers for RTÉ apparently.. despite it being a load of pretentious bollocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is this the show that CGI Walrus presents?

Now that's a waste of money.

Wait... whaddya mean that's a real person? :eek:

basquille wrote: »
    Saw this tonight too... awful muck!

They used a "traffic light system" for food with a bunch of kids (8 - 10 years old probably) where they put the fatty food (chips, chicken nuggets, cocktail sausages) on a red cloth on a table, less fatty food (homemade chicken goujons and homemade tomato sauce, which looked like salsa! :eek:) on an orange cloth and then fruit and veg on a green cloth.

They then tried to convince the kids that they should "RACE TO GREEN!"! :rolleyes: Cue interviews with a couple of kids saying "I loved the kiwi and pineapple most".. it just seemed horrificly contrived!

It's like RTÉ have been taking lessons off Fox's "scripted-reality-TV!"

But it rakes in the viewers for RTÉ apparently.. despite it being a load of pretentious bollocks!

Aye.
    The wife and I looked at the crap they were suggesting for kids in the orange section.
    (We have 4 young kids)
    We looked at their suggestion - asked ourselves the same question "what the hell is that crap?" and thought the same answer - "not a hope in hell would we give our kids that artsy-fartsy crap" - never mind the problem of trying to get kids to eat it.
    The stuff in the green section was a better selection. They should have just left out the middle junk but then they had to spruce the tv programnme up by coming up with a traffic light system! Say what..? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eth0_ wrote: »

About what? Thats how TV works, they gets hours and hours of footage and use little bits and longer bits to suit what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It's a dodgily put together show alright. I know of a girl who was on a previous season and she was told to make out like she was a bigger piss head and eater than she actually was to try make the before and after if you will look more pronounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Stekelly wrote: »
    About what? Thats how TV works, they gets hours and hours of footage and edit it in such a way as to suit what they are doing.

FYP.

I'd report it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

So did they let you keep the pole?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ha, that's a very good video- very true for the likes of Big Brother etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

basquille wrote: »

To be fair it was probably the first time the poor little blighters even saw a pineapple, let alone ate one. They probably have fatty food coming out their ears at home!

I used to get sick of certain foods and I hardly ever got pineapple, I loved getting it as a kid

bonerm wrote: »
    So did they let you keep the pole?

We have 4 kids, I'd think the wife would have enough of being up one, never mind getting another! :o

Advertisement