Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going out for over 30s

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any suggestions for a safe place to go for a groupof older lads over from uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

A great place to go is Clohessy's and the Sin Bin. A great pub is Nancy Blakes on Denmark Street :D Very safe trust me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 the dufi

Aubars on Thomas St has a great atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights... Safe spot too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Agree with the dufi, especially on Friday nights.

Also recommend Mickey Martins and the Wicked Chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Wicked chicken while a great pub is more of a niche crowd, Nancy's is probably the best place on a sat nite in the city. Flannery's on Denmark St is also good but the two pubs are usually jam packed on Fri/Sat nites, can be a bit oppressive if you're not feeling up for it. Pretty much every pub in the city centre will be safe Friday and Saturday night. Limerick is just like everywhere else, if you go looking for trouble you'll find it, if you don't you won't.

What kind of music/crowd are you and the lads into?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

the dufi wrote: »
    Aubars on Thomas St has a great atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights... Safe spot too!

Its usually deserted on Friday and not very busy on Saturday either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I've seen Aubars mobbed on Fri and Sat nights which means its gets a bit too packed.

Nancy's Blakes will be packed but possibly suits +25 years olds, same goes with Clohessys which has the added option of the Sin Bin nightclub downstairs....

All very safe to be honest, as are most of the city bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads, don't mention "good places in Limerick to score gear".
    Have some common sense - its a sure fire way of getting this site in trouble.

Mc Love banned for 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Nancys is probably the best place to go but its usually packed to the rafters after nine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diarmuida

Folks that is brilliant, basically I have had a couple of kids since I ve lived in the UK about 10 lads I played rugby with are coming over. I genuinely haven’t been out in Limerick once. Last year the came to Dublin for the Ireland England match and were ripped off in Temple Bar. This year I want to show them proper Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diarmuida

The lads are into a bit of a laugh really where is the best proper rugby atmosphere were the lads will get a bit of gentle slagging but a good welcome otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Start off in Nancys or Flannerys, get a taxi outside down to Clohessy's bar and the Sin Bin Niteclub which is in the same building at about 11.30

Have a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

What weekend are you looking at coming over?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

If its this weekend, there is a Munster game at 8pm this evening so Clohessy's might be one of the better pubs for rugby atmosphere. Nancy's would be good too, as would any of the old style Flannerys (ie not the one on Denmark St opposite the Icon).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Start off in Nancys or Flannerys, get a taxi outside down to Clohessy's bar and the Sin Bin Niteclub which is in the same building at about 11.30.

If its not raining I'd walk it, about 5 min walk for a bunch of guys (no heels)

wingnut wrote: »
    If its not raining I'd walk it, about 5 min walk for a bunch of guys (no heels)

after a few pints, id say 15mins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

On that long hike from nancy's to the sin bin you could always make a stop a mickey's to catch your breath and a pint and a few battered sausages in the lobster pot for added soakage

sioda wrote: »
    On that long hike from nancy's to the sin bin you could always make a stop a mickey's to catch your breath and a pint and a few battered sausages in the lobster pot for added soakage

yum, battered sausages

Advertisement