Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Head unit repairs or re-conditioning?!

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals!
    Just wondering if any of ye would know of a car stereo reconditioning or repair company in or around Connacht?!.....Mayo if possible!:rolleyes: Have some trouble with my Audi head unit and Im hoping to get it repaired and re fitted instead of buying a new one!
    Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Probably cheaper to just replace it, stock head units are usually trash compared to some of the replacement units on the market like Kenwood, Pioneer and JVC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Hmm maybe your right?! ;) I know of another Audi unit that has givin up on things aswell!:rolleyes: Any recommendations for an A4 with a Bose sound system, 11 if not 12 speakers! 2 in each door, two in the boot lid and one or two at the front dash!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try Scansounds in Phibsboro or KC systems in Cork

Hmm maybe your right?! ;) I know of another Audi unit that has givin up on things aswell!:rolleyes: Any recommendations for an A4 with a Bose sound system, 11 if not 12 speakers! 2 in each door, two in the boot lid and one or two at the front dash!:D
    What about the baas? You will also need at least a pair of KW RMS subs and a 2KW monoblock amp to match. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

There are adaptor leads available to connect the audi/bose package to an aftermarket stereo.....PM if I can help.

For head-unit repairs in the West,we use Pat Grace ....0 nine 1 eight 412 one 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'm in castlebar if you pm me you can call in to my (nothing to do with carsa or radios) shop and i'mm give you some pointers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

What about the baas? You will also need at least a pair of KW RMS subs and a 2KW monoblock amp to match. :D

i run twin .5kw rms subs off a kw mono and its more than adequete :)

Tigger wrote: »
    i run twin .5kw rms subs off a kw mono and its more than adequate :)
    Have 2x1KW Subs + 2KW Ground Zero Plutonium Mono in the mine and is still not enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Hey guys and gals!
    Just wondering if any of ye would know of a car stereo reconditioning or repair company in or around Connacht?!.....Mayo if possible!:rolleyes: Have some trouble with my Audi head unit and Im hoping to get it repaired and re fitted instead of buying a new one!
    Cheers in advance!

Theres a fella in Loughrea that repairs them. He should be able to sort you out. I just got this on internet so I presume it's ok to post his no.!
    Pat Grace Electronics Ltd
    Clostoken, Loughrey ( Car Audio Repair Service)
    091 - 841214

edit; Just read Pounders post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Thanks for that.....think I'll give him a call and see what he can do! Would love to get a nice Pio or Kw unit but I would also love to have a paying job!:rolleyes: But I'll just have to try and survive with what I have for now!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement