Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis (hopefully helpful) warning.

Options
  • 17-02-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Through work for at least the third time so far this year, we had to sort out a person with their alloys taken off their Avensis. Their car was left with two house bricks holding up either side which had partially collapsed causing damage to the car. I don't know if a lock nut is a 100% secure solution but the people that I met definitely hadn't got them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes no locks no chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Applies equally to any Toyota (and most other makes) with alloys. very few manufacturers put them on as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,130 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My last Ford and current Volvo have locking wheel nuts.

After market ones can be bought for around €40 or €50 a set. McGard are a very good brand. Nothing will stop a determined thief but having locking wheel nuts will slow them down and possibly make them move on to the next car without them.

Advertisement