Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to shoot compound bow ???

Options
  • 17-02-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

hi i,m looking for a club close to blessington that shoots compound bow??
    i m a complete novice but i am a very competitive shot in other target sports
    also no bow at the moment so will have to buy some kit too:)
    do you have national competitions?
    or club comps even?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

xesse wrote: »
    hi i,m looking for a club close to blessington that shoots compound bow??
    i m a complete novice but i am a very competitive shot in other target sports
    also no bow at the moment so will have to buy some kit too:)
    do you have national competitions?
    or club comps even?

Hi, first of all greeting to our sport!

There is not really any club near to Blessington, the nearest would be Greenhills in Tallaght or Woodbrook Archers in Bray. All clubs in Ireland will allow both recurve and compound bows.

If you are a complete novice then you would need to do a 6 week beginner course. For this the club will charge a fee but all equipment is provided. For the beginner course you will most likely be taught with recurve. This is generally regarded as the best idea as you need recurve basics to carry over to compound. My advice would be shoot recurve for a while and then move to compound if you want.

There are competitions through out the year, outdoor and indoors, all competitions (including national championships) will cater for archers of all ages and ability, recurve and compound categories are included in most competitions.

Ian.

Advertisement