Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded xbox help please quick

Options
  • 17-02-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I bought a modded xbox for good price and it works great but i but in magna carta and it asked to do an update and its not online. it has the old dashboard on it what do i do

Comments

Feel free to update, but you will lose the ability to do the Jtag hack.

But i get the feeling your happy enough playing backups on it, so go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

im new to all this what is the hack. all i want is off online backups. can i update it to the new update so i can but games on the hard drive. (so the disc drive is not being used)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

im new to all this what is the hack. all i want is off online backups. can i update it to the new update so i can but games on the hard drive. (so the disc drive is not being used)

Even after the update, the console will still require the disc in the drive to authenticate booting the game. On the other hand Ill shamelessly offer to buy the console from you if you want to sell it (presuming the update isnt done), and get yourself another 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i only bought it today. i know about the disc needing to be in the drive but it wont overheat. i just need to know is it safe to update to the new ddashboard thanks for the offer to buy but im not leaving it go yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

i only bought it today. i know about the disc needing to be in the drive but it wont overheat. i just need to know is it safe to update to the new ddashboard thanks for the offer to buy but im not leaving it go yet

Yes I asked the very same question here when I got into 360 modding. It is safe to update from a disc, but I urge you, these old xbox's are getting quite rare. Once you update it, the console wont be vulnerable to an exploit any longer.

Whereas if its jtag'd first, you can then update in safety. I didnt heed my own advice as at the time 360 homebrew didnt appeal to me...

It would be a tremendous waste to update this console, just so you can play games. I can flash another 360 for you no problem, if you sold me this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Remember also, 360 games are region locked, NTSC (US) or JAP games will not work, regardless of the console being modded for backups.

Advertisement