Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 series touring

Options
  • 17-02-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all, have 2 dogs now and I really need an estate. Dogs have destroyed interior of my 01 320.

I am looking to buy a 520d touring 06 to 08. In blue with cream or dakota brown leather. Will go auto or manual.

Anyone got any recommendations what I need to look out for.

Should I go with M sport.

Any recall issues or servicing I need to know about.

Anything anyone can think of. My own motor is NCT until feb 2011 so I am in no hurry to buy a lemon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Cream leather usually comes with beige carpet in the boot, not sure about the brown leather as that wasn't a popular colour.

With dogs in the boot I'd certainly be looking for a Black carpet and trim in that area as my first concern!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Water in the boot can be a problem with them, lift up the boot mat and pull out (carefully!) all the trim until you're looking at the flat black styrofoam padding that's sitting on the floor of the boot-well. Lift that up just enough to feel if there's any puddle sitting below it - if there is, be wary of an expensive bill if it's out of warranty.

Check for creaking in the rear (balljoints) or a knocking up front (tie-rods) and a full service history, if possible. The engine breather should be changed with every 3rd oil service, so make sure to get evidence of it being done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cream leather + dogs = disaster.

BMW will sell you plastic bootliners which would be essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Erren Music

Cream leather + dogs = disaster.

Tell me about it.

BMW will sell you plastic bootliners which would be essential.

Not worried about that. Have a big duvet for the floor and 2 beds in the back seat at the mo.
    Water in the boot can be a problem with them, lift up the boot mat and pull out (carefully!) all the trim until you're looking at the flat black styrofoam padding that's sitting on the floor of the boot-well. Lift that up just enough to feel if there's any puddle sitting below it - if there is, be wary of an expensive bill if it's out of warranty.

Check for creaking in the rear (balljoints) or a knocking up front (tie-rods) and a full service history, if possible. The engine breather should be changed with every 3rd oil service, so make sure to get evidence of it being done.

Great stuff. Thanks for that. Getting the guy to email me the BMWFSH. Have seen 2 05's ads today. Both are over 100k with FSH. One has a set of replicas on it, the other is an M sport. I have heard people complain bout M sport on our roads. I mainly do motorway and Dublin driving so should it be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Erren Music

BUMP

Any more advice please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

You can get rubber boot liners on ebay, specifically made for the E61 boot shape. Cheaper and better than hard plastic trays.

Advertisement