Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking sensors for Honda CRV

Options
  • 17-02-2010 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hello

Apologies for newbie question. I’d like to install parking sensors in my Honda CRV 2005.
    Power supply of parking sensors has 2 wires, red wire has to be connected to Reversing light red wire, black to Ground wire.

Connecting directly to Reversing lights wires does not look good to me, I’d prefer to connect to junction box or cigarette lighter.
    In this case however, parking sensors would be always on! What would you recommend?

How can I find junction box or Reversing light wires? Honda CRV is not new so no manual.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just connect them to the reverse light, it's the way they're all done, there's very little current used by sensors and they won't do anything to the wiring on the car.

There's also the convenience factor of not having to turn them on or off

As for finding the reveerse wire, it's easy enough on a CR-V, it's on the bottom of the passenger side tail light, so note the colour of the wires going to the bulb, trace back to the connector plug inside the car and tap into it from there.

The + wire is the one going to the centre of the bulb holder, the - is the one going to the holder itself

Advertisement