Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cv boots

Options
  • 17-02-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

failed nct today as my cv boots were gone, now i was going buy new ones online but im told theres 2 types outer and inner, the nct didnt specify which type i needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

what type of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

98 almera hb 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

There is an outer and inner boot. The inner is hard enough to see even on a ramp.

You can check the outer ones easy enough by turning the wheel lock to lock to allow you to see more clearly. Its distinctive enough because the greese in the joint will be forced out by centrepital force to the surrounding areas.

You might want to check the c.v. joint also to ensure that it isnt worn as dirt that has gotten in through the defective boot will wear it more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i would say its the outer boot near the wheel.

they're only about a fiver each, messy job to get done, and once done youll need to have the wheels tracked again as you need to take the driveshaft off the back of the axel.

Why are you buying them online, minimal saving really, the majority of the cost here will be labour. I presume you won't be fitting them yourself from your post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement