Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop in Dublin for advice on shoe fit?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi,
    I will be in Dublin next week and need to purchase a new pair of cycling shoes?
    In yere esteemed opinions, which shop offers the best advice and can anyone give me a contact name in that shop who'll definitely know what they're talking about.
    Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Spins wrote: »
    I will be in Dublin next week and need to purchase a new pair of cycling shoes? In yere esteemed opinions, which shop offers the best advice

The holy grail with shoes would be to cycle on a static trainer in them, with cleats on. I just don't think that's ever going to be practical, so you just have to go on how they feel.

There are only a couple of shops I regularly use - Cycleways in Parnell St and CycleSuperStore (which is barely in Dublin).

I think Cycleways stocks Specialized and CSS do Sidi & Shimano.

In my experience, Cycleways have better stock levels. CSS were stocktaking a few weeks ago, maybe call them to find out whether they've restocked the shoes or not.

The main drawback with Cycleways is that if you try on the Specialized S-Works Road shoe, you'll be forever tormented until you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lumen wrote: »
    The holy grail with shoes would be to cycle on a static trainer in them, with cleats on. I just don't think that's ever going to be practical, so you just have to go on how they feel.
    Even there it is difficult to get a good feel, my Sidis annoy me majorly on the trainer but no problem on the road. It is certainly true that it is difficult to get a feel for any clothing juts trying it on without actually going for a ride in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Thanks Guys.
    I'll be coming from waterford so I'll try CSS on way in and then head to cycleways, can then make my decision.
    On the topic of shoes. Is there any recommended place for cycling orthotices or does anybody have any experience with off the shelf orthos? I wear orthotics for running but am unsure if they're ok for cycling as i suffer bad from hotspots once I go above 60miles.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Spins wrote: »
    Is there any recommended place for cycling orthotices or does anybody have any experience with off the shelf orthos? I wear orthotics for running but am unsure if they're ok for cycling as i suffer bad from hotspots once I go above 60miles.???

IrishFit, in Dun Laoghaire

Best to call ahead. Maybe go in after you've bought your shoes.

Advertisement