Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 - McNulty and Freamon [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 17-02-2010 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered before (I did a thread search)

Have just started Season 5 in my box-set, and whilst everything up to this point has been spot on I find myself open-jawed at McNulty's and Freamon's capers.

Is it just me or has he gone bat-**** crazy aided and abetted by Freamon.

I mean there are been 'I am police' similarities in their characters and I know McNulty is all about delivering the case above all but Freamon has always been an anchor to that single-mindedness IMHO.

I realize this is a manifestation of all the frustrations of being a 'police' thus far, compounded with budget problems and so on but it just didn't sit with me as believable unlike the rest of the series.

It sort of reminds me of this relative craziness:

I have not finished S05 so maybe this will conclude satisfactorily.

BTW: if you didn't read 'police' in an accent you need to watch again ;-0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭silver_surfer

This didn't sit too well with me when I watched it first either but after a while it made a bit more sense. They had been used to bending the rules a bit to aid a case in the past but the continued failings of the police department basically drove them past breaking point and they comprimised whatever ethics they had left.

Advertisement