Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 2 new key

Options
  • 16-02-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm new to here but there seems to be quite the knowledgeable bunch around here, so i thought I'd start here. Anyway to get to the point I have a 1999 Discovery and I only have 1 key. Is the only place to go the main dealer or has anyone tried buying a blank key and fob(Ebay) and getting it progammed elsewhere(??).
    All suggestions welcome, I'm in Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Should be able to get a key cut and fob programmed, everything is in the fob, key is plain. No need to go near a dealer, any decent garage with good diagnostic kit should be able to do it. Either that or speak to someone near you with a Nanocom nicely :D, handy tool to have anyway, will read all your DII ecus.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭baldyshane

Thanks for the help, I'll get a key and fob and go from there. Must be cheaper than the ol' main dealer route.
    Cheers.

Advertisement