Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 radio problem

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I have an 06 A6, the radio works perfect until I switch on the rear window demister and then I loose all radio reception.

Any ideas on a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Do you have a car kit fitted? if so was it factory or installed seperately?
    Is there power to the radio when the demister is switched on?
    Hopefully something simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iei044775

No car kit fitted and no evidence that there ever was. Radio still operates when demister is on and it picks up very strong signal local radio stations only.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is the radio antena build into the rear screen on your A6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iei044775

I don't know, it doesn't have any visable aerial. I think the new model from 08 on has a shark fin type aerial. Maybe it was a problem with the 04-08 type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

iei044775 wrote: »
    I don't know, it doesn't have any visable aerial. I think the new model from 08 on has a shark fin type aerial. Maybe it was a problem with the 04-08 type?

afaik the ariel is in the roof

its a rf (radio frequency) shielding issue with yer rear de mister

probably a common issue go on an audi a6 forum and they'll have a simple fix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Same prob here on a '02 A4!:rolleyes: Nothing major but it only seems to be in some area's that the reception goes when the de-mister is on! As far as I know my A4 has a rear amp and antenna fitted under the head lining all along the back window! I have a phone kit fitted but as of now its disconnected! If you find any fix let me know please! :D

Advertisement