Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone doing anaesthetics

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Ive just applied for the BST in anaesthetics, coming straight from intern year.

Ive heard its very competitive.

Anyone on it? Is it good fun? Really have no interest in doing anything else so Fingers crossed.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Its well structured and a couple of my classmates who did it speak very highly of it. Best bet is to find a few anaethetists and have a chat with them further and contact a couple of consultants on the steering committee for this program and get a lowdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Old thread i know, but did you ever get on bahairy?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bahairy

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Old thread i know, but did you ever get on bahairy?

I did. Finished my bst and applying for spr in march. It's good fun and I like it.

Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

bahairy wrote: »
    I did. Finished my bst and applying for spr in march. It's good fun and I like it.

Thanks for asking.

What sort of things do they look for when applying? Grades? Publications? Electives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Happy Xmas Guys...

Thanks ba!
    Did you get straight on after intern? How is the call? spend much time in ICU?
    I would like to be intensivist i think, but maybe this is just wishful thinking as i've not seen how hard it is yet...

Hasnt the training changed this year? No longer BST and SPR, but rather SA1-6 with the last year done overseas on a fellowship?
    I know this doesnt apply to you, but its very attractive to junior docs not on a scheme. Any insight on the training step, esp this new training approach?

• Advertisement
Advertisement