Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacing*(ubuntu)

Options
  • 16-02-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Hey im running ubuntu, & using firefox as my browser.

Anytime I post on a forum or facebook, spaces wont save between words
    and text won't wrap

:mad:

any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

No answer, but I can say I run ubuntu & firefox on a number of systems but have not experienced this problem when posting in a variety of forums (I have not used facebook though). So, it must be some additional factor with your setup there. Do you use plugins with firefox? perhaps there is issue there... try disabling them to test. Does the problem occur if you install a different web browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

never experienced that problem myself, i'd say try disabling the plugins and if that doesnt work re-install firefox.

Give another browser a go as well just to make sure the problem is with firefox, I always find it useful to have a couple of browsers installed just in case something doesnt work in one of them.

I installed chrome in the last few days and it has blown firefox out of the water, fast, reliable and its rendering a lot of web pages way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Are you saying that the words appear like this
    Areyousayingthatthewordsappearlikethis
    Or that you can't have multiple spaces between words?

If the later, that's just HTML, all spaces are substituted for a single space when displayed in any browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

No*spaces*are*not*showing,*if*this*message*is*clear*its*probally*because*im*using*chrome.*If*you*look*at*some*of*my*last*posts*you*will*see**'s*replacing*spaces*and*the*words*won't*wrap*to*form*paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

there's*my*problem*and*im*using*chrome

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement