Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interduction here

Options
  • 16-02-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello my name is Brian long time lurker 1st time poster

Its time i decided to take a prober crack at this online poker stuff.
    Iam more or less a pass time player and have a ferm grasp on how to play ABC poker but i really want to learn more about the game so i bought a few books on ebay to try to take my game to the next level.

The books i got are for tourneys so if u guys/dolls have any preference on which ones i should read 1st i am all ears

Super systems 1 e-book
    Harrington on Poker vol1 and 2 for tourneys
    full tilts strat book for tourneys
    Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At a Time

I know all about 2+2 and p5s, but it make it a bit in intimidating to post on their fourms cos off the the w****rs that have nothing good to say other then to just piss u off esp p5s (Bunch off fu**en haters)
    Hope i can learn some stuff on here wit all my irish home boys/girls.

Anyway ty :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Hey Brian, to be honest I think you'd be better off investing in a coaching site subscription rather than reading them books. Most of them books are sort of outdated nowadays anyway. None the less, definitely no harm to read them. If you are looking to play mtt's I'd recommend joining pokersavyplus as its cheap and has some great mtt vids such as Bond18 and WPThero. Forget p5's but the 2+2 Mtt strategy forum is actually pretty good with some good reg posters so don't be afraid to post hands and read threads. You'd also want to read up on bankroll management for mtt's the variance can be sick. I hope you are one of those guys who runs well.

GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Brian,

Welcome to Boards.ie Poker.

For tournaments - it can depend on your playing style. I find that Harrington is very good for all styles of players - but for Tight Aggressive ABC players, I found books by TJ Cloutier and Tom McEvoy to be excellent. They are published by Cardoza, I believe.

For cash games - I recently read Daniel Negreanu's book (50 Tips for NLHE or something like that). One of the best I've read - and has had a very positive impact on my win rate.

Books are definitely a great start. However, I moved to online training recently (signed up with the PokerXFactor (PXF) site) and they have some excellent videos that you can download to your PC, laptop or iPod. This definitely makes the books come 'alive'. Not as cheap as books - but I won my first 300+ man MTT ($10+$1 MTT - won $1,105) the day after I watched my first training video. I'm now a believer!!!

Lots of other good ones out there - I prefer sites where I can download a video and watch it whenever suits me, and not just when I'm connected to the Internet.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Harrington on Poker vol1 and 2 for tourneys

+1 :cool:.

Advertisement