Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to walk dogs in North Co Dublin

Options
  • 16-02-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

I walk my dog every day in Malahide. It's lovely with the Beach, Castle, Paddy's Hill etc but I'm getting a bit bored now with the same scenery every day. Any nice places around the area to bring him? Have walked around Howth a bit too. Even up as far as Skerries etc, I don't mind a bit of a drive if anyone has recommendations for me, thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Just back from Ardgillan, that's a good spot. Or Newbridge house in Donabate as well maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Often hear people saying they walk their dogs in St Annes Park in Raheny, is that nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Helmet wrote: »
    Just back from Ardgillan, that's a good spot. Or Newbridge house in Donabate as well maybe?

I was stopped last year from bringing my dogs into Ardgillian - I just presumed that dogs weren't allowed in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

I was stopped last year from bringing my dogs into Ardgillian - I just presumed that dogs weren't allowed in there...

Well, there were plenty about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thats odd, I'm in ardgillan a lot with the little one(they have a deadly kids park:D) and I see any amount of dogs/owners walking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Red rock in sutton...amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Red rock in sutton...amazing.

Thanks BigDuffman, I've never been to Red Rock. Where in Sutton is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

the seafront in Skerries is lovely for a walk

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dogs are allowed provided they are kept on a leashe

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

Around the Rogerstown Estuary is lovely as long as you keep them on a lead because of the birds or the cliff walk between Portrane and Donabate beach is really fab too once you have a nice sunny day. Its one of the prettiest places in North County Dublin I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I walk my dog every day in Malahide. It's lovely with the Beach, Castle, Paddy's Hill etc but I'm getting a bit bored now with the same scenery every day. Any nice places around the area to bring him? Have walked around Howth a bit too. Even up as far as Skerries etc, I don't mind a bit of a drive if anyone has recommendations for me, thanks! :)

did you try going down the end of the beach in portmarnock? if you hang a left at the off licence in portmarnock village down towards the old golf course you'll get there, nice place, plus you get to the end of the beach, which is always an adventure.

i love walking mine up in paddy's hill though, it's so quiet and relaxing it's a complete stress relief, but maybe that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

did you try going down the end of the beach in portmarnock? if you hang a left at the off licence in portmarnock village down towards the old golf course you'll get there, nice place, plus you get to the end of the beach, which is always an adventure.

i love walking mine up in paddy's hill though, it's so quiet and relaxing it's a complete stress relief, but maybe that's just me.

Haven't been down that way, thanks. Will go over there tomorrow. I agree about Paddy's Hill too, especially the view at the top and how peaceful it is but just nice to have a change now and again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

I love a good paddy's hill walk. I go up there for a run with my dog around the old gaa pitch outside the football club (they've turned it into soccer pitches). My dogs nips around after me.

But during the summer, on a lovely warm morning, nothing beats that view of the sea. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Thanks BigDuffman, I've never been to Red Rock. Where in Sutton is it?

Its up towards the Martello tower http://www.martellotowersutton.com/, coming from sutton cross keep right up along the coast, straight up coast road toward the tower and keep walking. Just hug the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

We walk our dog on the road and actually try and stay out of parks where children are playing. We usually walk from our house (in Rush) or go out the back of Lusk and walk around the lanes.
    Dont forget the Pooper scooper

Advertisement