Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Product key

Options
  • 16-02-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi was wondering if anybody can help me my laptop is looking for a windoes product key, i cant find the disk with the key on it is there any where else i might be able to obtain it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,903 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It should be printed on the bottom of your laptop.

Where di you buy it and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kayasurf

i cant find it on the laptop either, somebody made me the laptop but it was brand new when i got it, its a hp dv6000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

kayasurf wrote: »
    i cant find it on the laptop either, somebody made me the laptop but it was brand new when i got it, its a hp dv6000.

Laptops can't be 'made' by anyone. It was manufactured by HP and sold to you. I have a dv6000 here in the workshop and the product key is on a sticker on the underside of the laptop. See pic.
    105419.jpg

Yeh laptop doesnt have that sticker it just has the HP one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

OP, are you in the middle of a XP reinstallation???

If the above is so, (stating the obivious) unless you have a valid product key, you can't progress any further with the installation.

no not doing a reinstall i turned on automatic updates by accident and now its looking for a product key, i've tried the key finder and the code that was there is not working on it now.. It's microsoft windows xp media center edtion version 2002 service pack 3.. I think theres a problem with the media version of this when it tries to update itself..

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Seems to me like someone put on a cracked version of an OS for you. Try Ubuntu or buy a licence. Another option would be to find someone with a DV6000 and use their disc but if you don't have any license key that'd be illegal.

Advertisement