Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've applied but ....

Options
  • 16-02-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all . I've applied to study Art History, but I really want to wait till next year to decide 100% if this is the route I want to take.
    Should I let the college know now or will i go ahead and do the interview anyway and if I get accepted say i wish to defer?
    I don't want to mess them around though.
    I have genuine reasons for being unsure :)
    If I let them know now will it affect my chances of reapplying next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

You're probably best to go for it this year and then defer it if you decide thats what you want to do.
    If you dont get it, you can always apply again next year.
    If you leave it till next year and dont get it, then you wont be happy. At least this way you have two chances if you need them!!!

If you do defer and then decide its not what you want you will loose nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

Thank you , sound advise. I'm currently doing a fine Arts Course, level 5. I've just had two weeks work experience in a secondary school and I would love to do more of it. (please don't give me a lecture on jobs availability at the mo etc!)
    Anyway I really want to study At History but I've just found out that NCAD do a joing honours degree in Fine Art and History of Art.
    I think that would make more sense for me as I really love the practical side of art too, :)

Advertisement