Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarms

Options
  • 16-02-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Yes house alarms again. . . Neighbours alarm going since 8am this morning and not the first time. Rented property and I have no contact numbers. Even the Property managment company have failed to do anything.

I work at home so at this stage it has become a real pain. Can I do anything? ? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

WayKay wrote: »
    Yes house alarms again. . . Neighbours alarm going since 8am this morning and not the first time. Rented property and I have no contact numbers. Even the Property managment company have failed to do anything.

I work at home so at this stage it has become a real pain. Can I do anything? ? :eek:

Call the Gardai. Its now illegal for an outside alarm bell to ring for more than 15 mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

D3PO wrote: »
    Call the Gardai. Its now illegal for an outside alarm bell to ring for more than 15 mins.

Have you a link to that legislation? Would be useful to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Paulw wrote: »
    Have you a link to that legislation? Would be useful to have.

Should have mentioned it only relates to alarms installed since 2003
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/environmental-protection/noise_regulations

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ah, with that, the Gardai won't do anything, and you have to bring a civil case to the District Court yourself.

I know there is a new bill going through the Oireachtas which is supposed to give the Gardai/Local Authority new powers to actually enforce this law - ie, they can cut/remove the alarm bell and/or force the owner to make changes to stop it ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

WayKay wrote: »

Leave a note asking for their phone number so that you can ring them when their alarm goes off...

• Advertisement
Advertisement