Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Feedback

Options
  • 16-02-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

The company I work for have been redoing their website and we would appreciate feedback on the site. We have added alot of products, but still have to add products to some categories and a good bit of work to do on seo etc.

http://www.inkonline.ie

All feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

very well designed and bold colors.
    in flash object colors seems to be too bright.
    other wise looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Easy to use - nice use of AJAX when adding products to the cart. I would change the image at the top to text so people can copy and paste the contact details - and of course, the email address should be a link to that address, not just the home page.

I'm not too sure about the colours - the green and orange rotating banner is a little hard on the eyes, and the green hyperlink text doesn't contrast enough with the white background of the main section, or the grey background on the right hand side.

You might want to consider having a "checkout without registration" option, as some people don't like "signing up" to a site, despite the fact they are providing the same details anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Personally, I don't love the colours in the green menu and the red hover change.

I also think that you should either change the display ads, or put some space between them and the other elements, because several of those ads clash really badly with the menu and red highlight directly above them.

The email address in the top right hand corner looks to me like clicking on it should bring up an email or allow me to contact you in some way, but because it's part of the header image, it just brings me to the home page. This could be confusing, and it also means that the user has to remember and type your email address into their chosen email client.

The spacing is slightly off in the "Irish owned and operated" image - the "is Irish" part is a bit too close to the text above it, and appears to be just thrown in there. Likewise, the top bit of text (Inkonline.ie) should probably be aligned with the capital O in Owned and Operated.

In terms of functionality, you need to sort out that search bar. I typed in HP, but nothing on the first page of results was related to hp cartridges.

Hope some of the above helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

A few things to add...

First, the favicon needs changing (nice to see a joomla site though! I'm a big fan :) )

The print/email/pdf icons on the front page overlap the text.

And as much as the headers with the green background and rounded corners look lovely (eg Inkjet Cartridges), the same effect can be achieved with real text over a background, and this helps in the SEO department.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I would improve the product search though - for example If I want to Find an Ink Cartridge from Brother I have to click:

Ink Cartridges -> Brother -> View by Cartridge Number -> Choose Cartridge.

Far too many steps - Put a better search panel on the homepage and make it intelligent so that if the user enters a cartridge number or name it recognizes this.

Shopping Cart is confusing - My total is 5 euros but underneath that Tax is 0.87 cent. Is this included or added on or what...Also it should be VAT and not tax...You need to state if your prices include VAT or are + VAT.

You should put in an About Us section - a link to it from the "Inkonline.ie is Irish owned & Operated"

No mention of shipping costs or delivery time - put it in a footer link or something.

There is an issue with the popup window to say that you have added an item to the cart. It sometimes appears behind the slide show image.

Other than that good job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Site is saying that it's hacked based on the opening page.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

leom wrote: »
    very well designed and bold colors.
    in flash object colors seems to be too bright.
    other wise looks good.

Thanks leom for your feedback, I'll get the colours cahnged.

eoin wrote: »
    Easy to use - nice use of AJAX when adding products to the cart. I would change the image at the top to text so people can copy and paste the contact details - and of course, the email address should be a link to that address, not just the home page.

I'm not too sure about the colours - the green and orange rotating banner is a little hard on the eyes, and the green hyperlink text doesn't contrast enough with the white background of the main section, or the grey background on the right hand side.

You might want to consider having a "checkout without registration" option, as some people don't like "signing up" to a site, despite the fact they are providing the same details anyway.

Thanks eoin for your feedback, We'll get the colours changed, and the checkout option is a great idea. Again Thanks

Kila wrote: »
    Personally, I don't love the colours in the green menu and the red hover change.

I also think that you should either change the display ads, or put some space between them and the other elements, because several of those ads clash really badly with the menu and red highlight directly above them.

The email address in the top right hand corner looks to me like clicking on it should bring up an email or allow me to contact you in some way, but because it's part of the header image, it just brings me to the home page. This could be confusing, and it also means that the user has to remember and type your email address into their chosen email client.

The spacing is slightly off in the "Irish owned and operated" image - the "is Irish" part is a bit too close to the text above it, and appears to be just thrown in there. Likewise, the top bit of text (Inkonline.ie) should probably be aligned with the capital O in Owned and Operated.

In terms of functionality, you need to sort out that search bar. I typed in HP, but nothing on the first page of results was related to hp cartridges.

Hope some of the above helps.

Hi Kila, thanks for your feedback, we'll take it all on board and get it sorted.

Left wrote: »
    A few things to add...

First, the favicon needs changing (nice to see a joomla site though! I'm a big fan :) )

The print/email/pdf icons on the front page overlap the text.

And as much as the headers with the green background and rounded corners look lovely (eg Inkjet Cartridges), the same effect can be achieved with real text over a background, and this helps in the SEO department.

Hi Left, thanks for your feedback, we'll get that done.

• Advertisement

I would improve the product search though - for example If I want to Find an Ink Cartridge from Brother I have to click:

Ink Cartridges -> Brother -> View by Cartridge Number -> Choose Cartridge.

Far too many steps - Put a better search panel on the homepage and make it intelligent so that if the user enters a cartridge number or name it recognizes this.

Shopping Cart is confusing - My total is 5 euros but underneath that Tax is 0.87 cent. Is this included or added on or what...Also it should be VAT and not tax...You need to state if your prices include VAT or are + VAT.

You should put in an About Us section - a link to it from the "Inkonline.ie is Irish owned & Operated"

No mention of shipping costs or delivery time - put it in a footer link or something.

There is an issue with the popup window to say that you have added an item to the cart. It sometimes appears behind the slide show image.

Other than that good job.

Hi TheWaterboy, thanks for your feedback. The delivery times are listed in t&c's but a valid point - i'll get them all into one page. We'll get the rest of it sorted as well. Thanks again

koth wrote: »
    Site is saying that it's hacked based on the opening page.

Hi koth,

I can't seem to find any signs of the site being hacked?

Thanks,
    spiderpig2k7

Advertisement