Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael O'Leary?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey guys,

The legend that is Mick O'Leary said he'd be in Trinity today. Does anyone know when/where?? (Is he speaking for the Phil?)

Thanks in advance ;)

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I would have thought he'd be occupied with Mary Coghlan/DAA for most of today and probably this week. Didn't see him mentioned anywhere I must say but I'd like to see him speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Yeah I heard he was gonna be in Trinity sometime, but would just be giving a lecture to 4th year BESS students so no one else would be allowed to go? Don't know what the story is though really, it would be cool to see if him it was possible though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

O'Leaty gives a talk once a year to Sean Barrett's Public an Transport Economics classes, but its not like they check names at the door. It should be on in one of the Arts Block theatres. It tends to fill up quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

fh041205 wrote: »
    I would have thought he'd be occupied with Mary Coghlan/DAA for most of today

They're meeting at 7pm... he said when he was on the news last night that he'd be willing to meet her today because he'd be around town anyway, so I guess he must have been talking about Trinity.

I think he talked to the Entrepreneurial Society a few years ago..? They should try get him back

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

O'Leaty gives a talk once a year to Sean Barrett's Public an Transport Economics classes, but its not like they check names at the door. It should be on in one of the Arts Block theatres. It tends to fill up quick.

Close but no cigar. He was giving a talk to Barrett's SF Economics of Public Policy class. Mentioned at the start that it was being kept on the down low so to speak as last year a reporter at the Star got wind and wrote an article on how he had shocked little students with an explicit-laden tirade against the government.

As it was he warned everyone beforehand and then launched into an explicit-laden tirade against the government, in particular Noel Dempsey and the DAA. Was absolutely hilarious I must say, he only spent about 15 mins giving a presentation then took questions for the rest of the time. The end of presentation included two photographs of the famous Hangar 6 in Dublin Airport with nothing more than a bunch of tables and chairs in it, which he called "the biggest canteen in Ireland". He even brought along three envelopes in which there were three free flights - London for the most insulting question, Paris for the most interesting, and Milan for the hottest girl who asked one. I shit you not. He also called Stelios/Mr.Easyjet a "fat Greek" among a whole lot else. Really was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kicom

I don't think M O'L wants the fact the he went to Trinity becoming main-stream knowledge with his proletariat passengers. It doesn't fit-in with his public persona.

Although given what's written above about the envelopes, perhaps I'm wrong. Does that kind of carry-on have any place in a university setting? It's not as if he was at a debating society or entertainment event.

kicom wrote: »
    I don't think M O'L wants the fact the he went to Trinity becoming main-stream knowledge with his proletariat passengers. It doesn't fit-in with is public persona.

Nor would him turning up late to his wedding help, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

kicom wrote: »
    I don't think M O'L wants the fact the he went to Trinity becoming main-stream knowledge with his proletariat passengers. It doesn't fit-in with his public persona.

Hey - newsflash, the republic of Ireland isn't occupied by the British any more, nor is Trinity one of the Queen's universities :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I doubt anyone gives two hoots where O'Leary got his degree from, so long as he continues to offer a good service with cheap fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

eth0_ wrote: »
    I doubt anyone gives two hoots where O'Leary got his degree from, so long as he continues to offer a good service with cheap fares.

Yeah and I doubt he gives a hoot of what his public appearance is, as long as people continue to buy his cheap fares... Especially seeing as you can google his name and find all these ridiculous quotes, seems like he doesn't give a toss?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

BlueCam wrote: »
    He even brought along three envelopes in which there were three free flights - London for the most insulting question, Paris for the most interesting, and Milan for the hottest girl who asked one.

Out with the questions matey........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

BlueCam wrote: »
    He even brought along three envelopes in which there were three free flights - London for the most insulting question, Paris for the most interesting, and Milan for the hottest girl who asked one. I shit you not.

meh they are the same questions as last years lecture and the year before also.

Advertisement