Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about boiler light (gas) and heating timer

Options
  • 16-02-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

First, the specs:

Gas boiler, Vokera Mynute EHE
    timer: Horstmann Centaur Plus C11

The ideal scenario is that I set the timer for heat to come on for an hour in the mornings, 2 hours in the evenings and off for the rest of the day. I know (in theory at least! ) how to set the timer. However, for the time that the heating is off, the boiler is still showing a steady green light.

Is this normal?
    Is the green light supposed to remain on all the time, or only when water is set to heat (according to timer) or should it be off?
    The user manual doesn't give an explanation for a steady green light, only blinking green lights.

The only time the light goes off is when I switch off the entire unit but then the clock and timer settings are lost. I just don't want the boiler heating up water when I'm not home. Any words of wisdom would be very helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Sounds fine to me, boiler is powered and fully operational (green light), you've got a timer which controls boiler run time, a separate boiler switched live wired back to time clock activates fan / burner / pump etc. Nothing to worry about, time clock will only call boiler to come on, except for frost stat (if fitted).

When you turn off power your prob using boiler fused spur, that spur might also supply time clock, no need to turn off fused spur. Selecting "OFF" on time clock means boiler is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

That gives me peace of mind, thank you.

Advertisement