Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Curious about the tradesman

Options
  • 16-02-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am doing up my home and I got thinking what will happen to all the tradesmen now that more people are getting involved with DIY and cutting him/her out. I never thought id find myself stripping wallpaper and skirting boards!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Well we were either lucky enough to be able to get another job, or we ended up out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Apip99 wrote: »
    Well we were either lucky enough to be able to get another job, or we ended up out of work.

stripping our own wall paper and changing our own skirting boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

and insulating our homes and fixing that cupboard she asked to get fixed 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

You will calls us when you make a bags of it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

still hard to get someone decent !! painter told me i will be waiting 4 weeks cos he is painting a hotel at mo. Had a great tile man, sister rang him up and he too is in the middle of a big job. My mate is a builder ( father and son job ) out the door with work !! so much so, he does his nixers on saturdays !!

As for myself, not handy at all, I let the prof's do everything for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

A good Tradesman is never out of work to long, most will have a good client base. To keep them ticking over...With the odd DIY Disaster to sort out as well....:)

Advertisement