Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Discussion Topics

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I host a show on LifeFM 93.1 in Cork (www.lifefm.ie on internet) and every Monday we discuss topics and have a discussion between an atheist and a theist.
    I am looking for suggested topics that would be suitable for that type of discussion.

Previous Topics were
    Does God Exist?
    Where do we get our morals from?

Any suggestions please post here. Also looking for people to represent either side so suggestions welcome on that too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Problem of evil - God and natural disasters (excellent article here)
    Why do we matter?
    Moral absolutes - fact or fiction?
    Is the Universe Designed?
    Is there room for religious faith in our society?
    The meaning of life
    Working together - can theists and atheists find common ground (tackling poverty etc.)

Aside from this I think there would be interest in the interface between science and religion, the effects of relativism and postmodernism (not strictly a theist/ atheist divide) and the interface between Christianity and other religions.

You might get some ideas for talks here and here (the site/ server has recently been updated and it looks like over 90% of the talks haven't yet been uploaded). There are also a number of "big questions" posed to various intellectual luminaries here.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭a4j_ie

Great stuff Fanny, I'll have the podcast up tomorrow hopefully and will post here when it's up.

It's been really helpful getting suggestions for show topics here and on the atheist forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

My pleasure! I'm surprised more people haven't offered a suggestion of their own. Don't be shy, folks!

If I think of anything else I'll post here or PM you. Please feel free to post any podcasts.

Advertisement