Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wise to buy Hyundai Atoz 2000?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Friends,

I am thinking to buy Hyundai Atoz 2000, is it wise? Anybody of you have any comments on reliability of this car?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

reminds me of my school reports

could do better

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

what do u exactly mean by that, shud i avoid buying it?this will be my first car,dont know much of driving will be taking lessons soon,will this be advisable as first car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Oh christ my mother used to have one of them. She only wanted a small car to get about in but jaysus even this yoke was to small for her. I wouldnt feel safe at all in one if there was a breeze out at all. Light as feck, better off going for the getz, mother has one of them now and loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

lowest common denominator motoring to be honest, makes public transport seem comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

not a great car to be honest... actualy its pile of ....... (fill in appropriate swear word)

whats your budget?
    max engine size you want to go?
    what you look for in a car?
    what you expect your annual milage to be....

gives us that and some here will be able to offer better suggestions for you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Friends,

I am thinking to buy Hyundai Atoz 2000, is it wise? Anybody of you have any comments on reliability of this car?

Thanks

no

buy a bike instead, or a proper car.

a fiesta zetec would wipe the arse of that

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mechanically they're simple and they're not known to be unreliable. They continued to be built pretty much unchanged till 2008.

They're not that hot to drive, safety is poor and they look awful. There are much better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,816 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Don't do it, the Atoz is crap. For owning a reliable small car on a shoestring budget, buy a mid to late '90s Nissan Micra with a long NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

This line on honestJohn.co.uk about sums it up :
    Looks like a wardrobe on castors

how much do you plan to spend
    ?

• Advertisement

what do u exactly mean by that, shud i avoid buying it?this will be my first car,dont know much of driving will be taking lessons soon,will this be advisable as first car

no
    give us more info and we'll help you find a suitable car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Fiesta or Micra. There's so much wrong with the Atoz you could write a book. The single worst car I've ever driven (thank fook it wasn't mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you’re an African lady who likes to wear large head dresses when going you your church on a Sunday then you’ll find the headroom in the Atoz to be unbeatable but unfortunately, other than that, there’s little to recommend about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

alias no.9 wrote: »
    If you’re an African lady who likes to wear large head dresses when going you your church on a Sunday then you’ll find the headroom in the Atoz to be unbeatable but unfortunately, other than that, there’s little to recommend about it.
    We don't do racism here, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

My budget is around 2500 to 3000, I am looking for small car, engine 1. appearance doesn't matter but reliability is necessary as I am going to learn driving now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'd get a nice 02 Yaris for that money.

172 tax, cheap insurance, timing chain, safe, unbreakable.
    Easy resale for good money too.

Advertisement