Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil' book of shame- An unmissable opportunity for trolling‏

Options
  • 15-02-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

You may not have heard about this. Basically players and dubes are running this thing where people anonymously submit their "embarrasing moments" on little postcards (flyer-type things that are lying around everywhere) and at the end of the week these "embarrasing moments" will be compiled into a little book (the 'Lil book of shame) which will be sold (presumably in the SU shops) to raise money for charity.

Now, the anonymity it, the fact that it will be immortalised in printed form and the fact that it will reach a wider, more diverse audience makes it an unmissable opportunity for any troll worth his salt (and amateurs too ;)).

On the flyers they say "be creative", so maybe they're ok with it (not that it makes a difference, tbh). I will be submitting several of my "creative works" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. Just gotta think of something better than "i shat my pants and the kids at school laughed at me". Got some ideas in the pipeline but don't wanna ruin them yet wink.gif.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

You may not have heard about this. Basically players and dubes are running this thing where people anonymously submit their "embarrasing moments" on little postcards (flyer-type things that are lying around everywhere) and at the end of the week these "embarrasing moments" will be compiled into a little book (the 'Lil book of shame) which will be sold (presumably in the SU shops) to raise money for charity.

Now, the anonymity it, the fact that it will be immortalised in printed form and the fact that it will reach a wider, more diverse audience makes it an unmissable opportunity for any troll worth his salt (and amateurs too ;)).

On the flyers they say "be creative", so maybe they're ok with it (not that it makes a difference, tbh). I will be submitting several of my "creative works" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. Just gotta think of something better than "i shat my pants and the kids at school laughed at me". Got some ideas in the pipeline but don't wanna ruin them yet wink.gif.

This is the sort of juvenile behaviour trinity students should be making an effort to distance themselves from.

I definitely won't be submitting any fake stories to the Lil' book of shame :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Queue stories ripped directly off FML.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

When I read "Basically players..." I stopped reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

devinejay wrote: »
    Queue stories ripped directly off FML.com

Its MLIA or nothing...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

This is the sort of juvenile behaviour trinity students should be making an effort to distance themselves from.

I definitely won't be submitting any fake stories to the Lil' book of shame :mad:.

Must be cold up there on your high horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Must be cold up there on your high horse.

Don't worry. He's got one of these scarves to keep him warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What, Trinity does Postsecret? How cool and original........

I find it unlikely that there wont be at least one person involved in the project who reads boards......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ah I remember coming across Postsecret. The book was an interesting concept. Speaking of "secret shames" I first heard of it from watching a certain All American Rejects video. That was a good 4 years ago, so please don't judge me for past indiscretions:o

This is very much a copy of another idea but that's mitigated by the money going to some sort of Haiti appeal I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Is today the last day for this or do we have next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I dunno. I haven't seen a single flyer yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Is today the last day for this or do we have next week?

Cause I totally just wet my pants, and I think everyone would like to read about it.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

fh041205 wrote: »
    Its MLIA or nothing...:cool:

It's todayilold.com or nothing.

Support your own.

Advertisement