Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scannal - Shergar.

Options
  • 15-02-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Just watched Scannal on RTE 1 earlier. The programme covered the Shergar story from 1983 I think. Intersting programme. The chief Inspector was a bit of an embarrassment though............brought in psychics and clairvoyants to help in the search. Bit embarrassing the whole thing.

I hope they put the poor horse down humanely, although from what I read it appears they used a machine gun on him :(. Poor horse.

It's a good programme actually, covered the E-Voting machines last week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Yeah Scannal can be very informative of a Monday. Nothing new in them really though. The head Garda tonight was a little keystone alright. Tis no wonder the British were scoffing at the paddies, as they termed it.. The kidnappers didn't do their research and twas too late by the time they realised it. A humane death is not certain, but I'd imagine it was quick. They just wanted rid when they realised it wasn't going to be a cash-cow/horse. Some day we'll know where his bones are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Scannal can be a gem of a programme, Most Channels are showing Soaps or similar lightweight programmes in it's timeslot, so it makes a nice change .

Personally,I would prefer if the show was completely in English, you can't have everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, it's a top notch show. As well as the new series on RTE I'm also watching the older episodes on TG4, on Thursdays I think. I've seen alot of them before but there's a few I missed originally that I'm catching this time around.

Advertisement