Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax returns...

Options
  • 15-02-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently received a tax return.

I'm a little confused, however...the total amount comes from some substitute teaching I did in 2008 (I did it for about 3 months on-and-off). After that I had a full time job for over a year (non-teaching related), yet no return came from that. Does anyone have any ideas why this happened?

To clarify, I was let go a few months ago so I figured I would claim my tax back...I sent an email to revenue.ie and they deposited the money into my bank account.

Thanks
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

A tax return? or some other tax form? If you've received a return it shouldn't have any figures completed on it and should be about 22 pages long. If it's something else, come back and tell us exactly what the name of the form is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi,

A certain percentage of the population are selected at random, and issued with Tax Returns, and this may be the reason you have recieved one.

Also, certain tax credit claims are picked up on, (Owner Occupier Relief comes to mind), and returns are generated because of this.

If it's not immediately clear to you, ring the Revenue to see if there is a specific reason. You will be obliged to complete and return it one way or the other though!

Advertisement