Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Blanch IT - what to see?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am bringing a Leaving Cert Student to see Blanch IT on Tuesday at about 5.30pm. What will be open? Will we be able to get a coffee somewhere?

What should I visit? The LC student wants to get a feel for the place.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hey diddler, i'm a 1st year at the moment, there's a good few things to see in the college, the most important place for a leaving cert student is of course, the common room, this is upstairs in the main build (c block) there are 2 pool tables, 2 poker tables, a foosball table, a huge tv with films ready to go, 10 pc's for gaming and a in room food thing place which i've never used, but it's there.
    There's a very large canteen in the same building where you can get coffee or lunch, also a corner shop for chocolates, newspapers etc.
    Still in C block, there's the basketball arena, which doubles as an assembly hall, there's a gym and locker rooms also, the gym is small, (just weights and treadmills i believe) all the student services are in c block aswell, such as careers, councillor, doctor and the student union.

The other buildings are for classes and faculty offices, depending on which course the student is looking for, s/he'll spend time in different buildings. If you want to see one of the lecture halls, it's best to see the ones in A block, the rooms are named LT1 LT2 and LT3, there's a few other lecture halls and plenty of smaller classrooms. The football pitches are hidden over a hill along with B block, a mystical place i've never been, but it's on the far side of the car park up a set of stairs.
    If you've any questions, it's best to ask reception or maybe knock into the student union's office, although they may not be able to help. Also, ask for Vincent, the Clubs and Societies Officer, if you get a chance to talk with him, i'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell you about all the societies and sports team in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Thanks Xios! Appreciate the comprehensive answer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Xios has covered almost everything there. I agree a chat with vinny mcgrane the Student Union Clubs and Socs officer is a good Idea. you can mail him at clubsandsocs@itbsu.ie
    don't forget to post here to tell us how you got on

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

Hello, as everyone has said contact me or just post a question on the forms and I'll get to it as quick as I can.

If your looking to have some fun in college we have a heap of clubs and societies you can get involved in to make your time here more plesent :D

Any questions just email me at clubsandsocs@itbsu.ie or drop into the students union office which is now located at the top of the stairs in C-Block (first door you see)

Thanks so much for all the replies, assistance & contact emails.

Quick ques.
    Will there be a coffee dock/station open @ 5.30pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Thanks so much for all the replies, assistance & contact emails.

Quick ques.
    Will there be a coffee dock/station open @ 5.30pm?
    Try the "common room" upstairs in C block. It probably will be open.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Thanks for all the info.

Had to change my plans so I will be visiting tonight.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Very impressed with the IT. Looked in at the common room and a few lecture halls and had a cup of coffee in the canteen. I also saw the library.

All in all I thought the place had a nice feel!

Picked up a prospectus - has given my friend lots of food for thought!

Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

People are very nice here ;) The only thing that struck me: you should post up the planned course, we could try find a lecturer for you to talk too, can answer all quetions you have about the course now you've seen the rest!

Advertisement