Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Glirks - Little things about Glee that irk you

Options
  • 15-02-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Ok, so lets talk about the Glirks that are in Glee.

Edit, this is a contstructive critique sort of thing, so haters not welcome.

I have one or two things:
    • Miming; Now its obvious that the songs the cast are singing in the show are studio recorded songs (and excellent recordings too) but the cast do seem to do a poor job of miming to the songs. Its blatantly obvious that they are doing it and can be irritating at times.
    • Stupidity; Finns stupidity in regards to Quinn's pregnancy. He believed the whole story from Quinn a little to easily imo. The whole nonsense about the pool and ideal conditions etc... He never even asked any difficult questions about it. I mean, we are in modern times, hasn't he heard of the internet?
    Thoughts fellow Gleeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How much money this thing has made - Right, first they must be making a killing with TV advertisements, they've swept the market in the USA, and now Europe! On top of that, they're on top of the music charts all the time. All this for their crappy auto-tuned songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

So what is it that bothers you exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

So what is it that bothers you exactly?
    That this thing is gonna be around for years (like Lost) - oh yes, and there'll be millions of annoying spin-offs for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

• Stupidity; Finns stupidity in regards to Quinn's pregnancy. He believed the whole story from Quinn a little to easily imo. The whole nonsense about the pool and ideal conditions etc... He never even asked any difficult questions about it. I mean, we are in modern times, hasn't he heard of the internet?
    Thoughts fellow Gleeks?

This really annoyed me too, I mean come on, what high school senior would honestly believe that?
    Can't really think of anything else at the minute, but if I do I'll post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

People nit-pickin a show as cheesy as Glee! :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I love how we can say Gleek openly and not be :o or scolded in the main tv forum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ok, so lets talk about the Glirks that are in Glee.

Edit, this is a contstructive critique sort of thing, so haters not welcome.

I have one or two things:
    • Miming; Now its obvious that the songs the cast are singing in the show are studio recorded songs (and excellent recordings too) but the cast do seem to do a poor job of miming to the songs. Its blatantly obvious that they are doing it and can be irritating at times.
    Thoughts fellow Gleeks?

Finn believing Quinn's story didn't really annoy me because I felt it was very tongue in cheek, kind of taking the piss out of other teeny programmes. I think it was just a joke, we weren't suppose to really think any high school senior would think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The only thing that annoys me is when their lips are out of sync while they're singing...

Everything else is spot on though...
    The stupidity of the characters is what makes the show great...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

The miming and the crazy pace at which the storyline moves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Will's wife, not funny at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The bad miming is really the only thing that annoys me, and the fact that their voices are sometimes made too perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

hate the auto-tuning!! Will's wife was funny in the first few episodes but with this pretend pregnancy thing she's just a horrible person now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pretty much the only thing that annoys me is the out-of-synch miming. And also when they do raps. It's just not right!!

Also, they occasionally make Rachel's voice very babyish or sugary, I much prefer how she sounded in
    Don't rain on my parade
    Spoiler because I can't remember how far tv3 is!

Advertisement