Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone stole my ****ing wipers!!!

Options
  • 15-02-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

What the ****!? Went to take a spin just there, and it seems overnight, someone has stolen the wipers off my car and my wifes car - parked behind mine! What's that all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Probably some little scumbags thinking they are being funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Necrodermis

It's lucky you noticed!

Did they take the whole wipers, or just the rubber blades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

FFS the little sh1ts. between this and the thread about the car being turned over it really makes you wonder wtf their parents were actually doing for the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

That's nothing. Somebody stole my gear stick once. That really pissed me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CHICKENROLL

That's nothing. Somebody stole my gear stick once. That really pissed me off.

some 1 stole my car before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Someone stole my steering wheel once, and I only noticed halfway down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

testicle wrote: »
    Someone stole my steering wheel once, and I only noticed halfway down the road.

At the first corner huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Just the blades. I only noticed when I tried to use them to clear the screen. It's very lucky whoever took them got away with it. I'll be keeping an eye out from now on. I mean, stealing wipers!? What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wiper's are expensive so you can at least understand why somebody would do this.

Personally I would hate to have hubcaps as they get stolen quite a lot. Tie wraps do feck all really.

I once had the fog lights stolen from my car. I feel the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Happened to me too before. Hopefully you will find some solace in the fact that this person must have a seriously pathetic and miserable life to go around stealing wiper blades in his spare time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Somebody recently stole the glass out of my side mirrors. Was surprisingly harder than I thought driving without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Actually come to think of it. Somebody managed to steal my wind deflectors before without breaking my windows. Mad. :confused:

****in asshole. I hope, really hope, that I catch them in the act again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

kmick wrote: »
    Somebody recently stole the glass out of my side mirrors. Was surprisingly harder than I thought driving without them.

that happened to me and I couldnt get new glass so I had to get them boarded up til after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have had my wipers stolen before from outside of work. I feel your pain OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Look on it on the bright side, you have now a less chance of getting a parking ticket. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

kmick wrote: »

Happened to me as well - driver's side only but couldn't drive without it. €70 for a replacement.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Never done it myself, but a few people I know used to take wipers. Look in the gardens down the road, as they're taken "for the laff" when drunk and not to keep them, it seems.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this happened to my neighbour. she went out one morning last week and the wipers were gone and in temper she slammed the arm back down and cracked the windscreen :)

also my uncle had the windscreen from his van robbed a few months ago :eek:

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Never done it myself, but a few people I know used to take wipers. Look in the gardens down the road, as they're taken "for the laff" when drunk and not to keep them, it seems.

Yeah I had a look in the bushes in my own front garden. Might take a stroll down the road in a bit and see. 80 quid to get a new pair! It's funny, I heard people outside during the night, and felt they might have been up to no good. Should have stuck with my gut feeling and checked it out. With my trusty hammer of course. Ah well. Knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 saltcoats

why do you mention knackers ( not that i am one mind ) surely if it was knackers they would just take the whole car.
    i remember a while ago back in scotland there was a guy going around slashing tyres and you might have guessed it he owned a tyre fitters shop in the area he was caught and done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭GTE

I remember one crowd of asses who thought it would be funny to spray water from a hose into a car with the sunroof open. Kids are idiots

saltcoats wrote: »
    why do you mention knackers ( not that i am one mind ) surely if it was knackers they would just take the whole car.
    i remember a while ago back in scotland there was a guy going around slashing tyres and you might have guessed it he owned a tyre fitters shop in the area he was caught and done

Knackers is my general term for scumbags, idiots and kids. Anyone who disrespects another persons property really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭enviro

some 1 stole my car before

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

Not to generalise :P but its amazing what PEOPLE get up to...

I had my hubcaps stolen, randomly enough it was the only car on the road (I know this because I noticed it on my way to work at 06.00...

And my old housemates have both had the side mirrors knocked off their cars ... needless to say we've all move on... :D

SOME people have no respect for what others have worked hard for... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sign of the recession? :D

I have a feeling it's some form of jealousy. The cars are only new. We've had 2 other cars for the past 5 years and never anyone ****ing with them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know how you feel mate, had the side window of my car put in last year, nothing in the car to steal, nothing in view and they did it to 3 other cars on the same street just for fun is seems.. b*stards!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Mr. Loon wrote: »
    I have a feeling it's some form of jealousy. The cars are only new. We've had 2 other cars for the past 5 years and never anyone ****ing with them

Little known fact, stupid people are attracted to shiny things.

Advertisement