Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 15-02-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what happened Walt? I remember there was meant to be somethings special about him but with all the random **** they are throwing into lost anymore Ive forgotten half the things I wanted answers for.

Also remember Dr.Echo. Really liked him as a character and I remember the smoke thing killing him but how did he end up on the Island again? And was there any reason for him getting killed in such a hurried fashion?

Also is anyone else a bit annoyed that they have just introduced another new batch of characters (the temple asian guy and his translator) so late in the series? It seems to me like they are just making this up as they go along anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

joe123 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what happened Walt? I remember there was meant to be somethings special about him but with all the random **** they are throwing into lost anymore Ive forgotten half the things I wanted answers for.

Also remember Dr.Echo. Really liked him as a character and I remember the smoke thing killing him but how did he end up on the Island again? And was there any reason for him getting killed in such a hurried fashion?

Also is anyone else a bit annoyed that they have just introduced another new batch of characters (the temple asian guy and his translator) so late in the series? It seems to me like they are just making this up as they go along anymore.

Wasnt Walt approached by Locke asking him to go back to the Island ?

Cant remember what was said tho....

Mr Echo was in the Tail of the Plane.. cant remember what he was doing in Australia mind you.....

and yes The "new" others are a bit annoying... Altho it does maybe suggest where everyone that was kidnapped in the first season has ended up... and also the whispering in the bushes....

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

Mr Eko was a priest in Australia as far as i remember wasnt he?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

cos!! wrote: »
    Mr Eko was a priest in Australia as far as i remember wasnt he?

Was it not Nigeria??

And it was his brother that was a priest... Ecko took over the mantle when he brother was shot while Ecko was leaving in a private plane full of drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭event

After investigating the "fake miracle" of a girl who came back to life after drowning in Australia in 2004, Eko boarded Oceanic Airlines Flight 815

After he had been on the show for one season, Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked Cuse and Lindelof to write his character out of the show, because he did not feel at home in Hawaii. They decided that a shocking and emotional death would be the best way to depart the character

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    Was it not Nigeria??

And it was his brother that was a priest... Ecko took over the mantle when he brother was shot while Ecko was leaving in a private plane full of drugs

Ah ye getting mixed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Story wise, he left the island with Michael and returned to his normal life.
    As for whether they resolve his specialness, no idea. I am not holding my breathe. I highly doubt we will see Malcolm David Kelley again.

His reason for getting killed was not repenting it seems. I am sure we will learn a lot more about Smokey and the "rules" over the course of this season.
    The reason he was killed off was because the actor was fairly unhappy afaik.

Well, they had to introduce someone as there as all the others have been wiped out although I am not particularly fond of them as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    and yes The "new" others are a bit annoying... Altho it does maybe suggest where everyone that was kidnapped in the first season has ended up... and also the whispering in the bushes....

I just have an image in my head now of the Asian guy and his translator sitting in a bush whispering really loudly giggling away to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

There still does'nt seem to be any explanation yet as to why that air hostess was kidnapped by the Others either and why they decided she was worthy of joining them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 VolvicMinerial

Just a few more questions about the others.

How long have the others been on the island?
    How did they get there we know that Ben came by boat but as part of the Dharma group?
    Why was there 2 sections those in the temple and those in the Dharma houses?
    Were Widmore and Hawkings part of the others and were they there in the purge?

Plenty more but I'm re watching the whole of lost just started season 3 and trying to piece things together

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Just a few more questions about the others.

How did they get there we know that Ben came by boat but as part of the Dharma group?

Plenty more but I'm re watching the whole of lost just started season 3 and trying to piece things together

we know the others have been there a good while from the timetravelling as the last series. as to how they got there, thats still a mystery afaik!!

We know widmore was parrt of the others but got banished from the island!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

One walt thing that annoys me is... how after coming back off the island with Michael did he just resume normal life without being questioned by authorities or the airlines? After all there was a plane crash that to t he outside world they were on and not part of the 'Oceanic 6'... did they change their names? I dunnoo..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Keep in mind that almost every Other we've met to date (Juliet, Dogen, Ben, etc) only came to the island relatively recently. But if you mean Richard, then it's quite likely he arrived aboard the Black Rock. Which set sail (according to Lostpedia) in 1845. However, I think it's possible that there was always an "other" group of people on the island, which has been continuously replenished by Jacob over the centuries.
    There may not be much difference. Although Dogen seems more clued in than even Richard. He knew about the candidates, where as Richard didn't. Those living in Dharmaville may have been mostly ex-Dharma who switched sides with Ben during the Purge.
    Yeah, they were Others. Widmore was "banished" shortly after the Purge. We don't know what happened with Hawking. But it would appear (going by Faraday's flashback) that she left shortly after events in 1977.
    One walt thing that annoys me is... how after coming back off the island with Michael did he just resume normal life without being questioned by authorities or the airlines?
    Yeah it seems he laid low and used a different name. Here's a transcript of what his mother said from "Meet Kevin Johnson":
    MICHAEL'S MOTHER: I thought you were dead. They said your plane crashed in the middle of the ocean, but you show up here fine and dandy, only I can't tell anybody about you or Walt, can't call you by your real names.

Advertisement