Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simmilar to Liam Howlett??

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Don't know much about elctro music and all that but I do know what I like and dont like about it.
    Might seem like a silly question but can anyone give me the names of some artists simmilar to what Liam Howlett does with the prodigy.

Good quick and detailed tracks that dont drag out with 16 bars of beats before anything els kicks in.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Depends really on what era of The Prodigy - is there any album in particular from them that you really like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker is a good place to start... Would definitely help to know which album you like the most though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 C_D

Experience is good. More into their newer stuff now though, just on the bases that theres a lot more to it, theres a lot more going on in the music.

started using abelton recently and just trying to get some fresh ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If you dig Prodigy's more recent stuff, I'd recommend you check out Pendulum and early Chemical Brothers (Exit Planet Dust, Dig Your Own Hole).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The Crystal Method would be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

tman wrote: »
    Aphex Twin - Windowlicker is a good place to start... Would definitely help to know which album you like the most though

AFX would no doubt take that as an insult, a sample merchant(howletts a good one though) versus the master of electronica!! Don't mention the two in the same post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

In fairness, I doubt Liam Howlett would like much of his stuff to be compared to Aphex Twin either. Rawk vs. snooooooze IMO.

Sacred_git wrote: »
    AFX would no doubt take that as an insult, a sample merchant(howletts a good one though) versus the master of electronica!! Don't mention the two in the same post again.

I assumed tman was being ironic. Or kinda nudging the poster to listening to good music instead of the drivel Howlett churns out. I presume it was not a comparison of the two anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I'd go the nudge route also and suggest you listen to someone maybe like Amon Tobin given the description of what you want in music... i.e. 'a lot going on'.

An example...

Nightlife

Advertisement