Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair shop - please recommend

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi Folks, can anyone recommend a very good reasonably priced tv repair shop in Dublin City/Northside? Its a Grundig and reasonably new, not sure if its under warranty. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

http://www.mastercare.ie/index.html

Don't know if they do Tellys. But give them a try. They are on the Howth road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 freeatlast

This guy is fantastic. My TV went blank one day and I wasn't even going to get it fixed but decided to try it. 2 days and €60 later it was like brand new. He used to be a techy engineer but gave up corporate life to work away in a back room. Can't remember the shop name but it's halfway up Philipsburg Avenue. If heading towards Griffith Avenue, its on your right hand side, shortly after the road narrowing bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

TBH I surprised to hear TV's can still be fixed.I'd suspected they were built to break just as the warranty expired and then be thrown away. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 freeatlast

Well I bought my TV about 4 years ago from Argos, a Bush 27'' for €645. And like you, didn't think it would be fixable. Actually, the repairman said I was lucky that it lasted this long - that they didn't build them to last these days. So I felt just great that I got away with a €60 repair fee. He fixes hifi's/radios etc too.

Found the address:

Broadcasting T.V. Rentals Ltd
    134 Philipsburgh Ave Co. Dublin
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/ms/ms/broadcasting_tv_rentals_ltd+television_repairs+dublin+ms-90014083+p-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I used 'Capital Television' when my Philips TV died. I was just going to bin the TV then decided to ask about a repair and I'm glad I did! Can't remember the chap's name but he came out to the house to fix it - charged around €75 IIRC. He's based on East Wall road and his mobile is 087-2574674.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 nerissa

Thanks a million folks, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulb123

my philips plasma 42pf9967 ambilight wont power-on on first attempt. it usually takes anything from 3 to 15 attempts. it will come on but almost immediately go back into standby. could anyone please help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Check the power cable where it enters the tv, had a similar problem on an LCD
    tv,turned out to be that.

Advertisement