Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to another EU country and State Benefits

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone

Myself and the other half want to go to UK to look for ANY type pf work.

So far I am on JB and the wife is classified as a qualified adult.

Now I am aware of the fact that JB is paid up to 13 weeks

14. If I want to transfer my jobseeker's benefit to another country, what must I do?
    Go into your Social Welfare Local Office or Branch Office and ask to have your payment transferred
    A person in receipt of Irish JB for at least 4 weeks may transfer the JB claim to a country covered by EC Regulations for up to 13 weeks (78 days) if they register their intention to look for work abroad before they leave the State
    Payment will not be transferred if a person leaves without getting approval in advance from the social welfare office where they sign-on.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx#q14

I got just 2 questions

1- If I was to receive JB in UK ,will the additional payment for a qualified adult

be included?

2-In a case of us not getting any jobs in UK, will be still entitled to JSA after
    coming back to Ireland

I'd apprecciate any answers

Thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 85 Verified rep Citizens Information: Graham

Hi jarecki1976

If you transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit payment to the UK, this should include your qualified adult payment.

Depending on how long you have received JB, it may be possible to restart the JB payment if you come back to Ireland.

In terms of getting Jobseeker's Allowance if you come back to Ireland, this mainly depends on being 'habitually resident' and on meeting the means test. If you normally live in Ireland and you go to the UK briefly and come back, you will probably be considered 'habitually resident', but this will be up to a deciding officer.

Graham Long
    Citizens Information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

thanks Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 17 vincentdublin

I have to questions:

so if you come back to Ireland, do you lose the JSB ? even if you have other 5 months left in Ireland?
    how can you extend the 3 months abroad ?

thanks
    Vincent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Zombie Thread.
    Vincent, your question was already answered in another thread. Please do not drag up old threads to ask the same question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement