Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conlons Seafood Restaurant

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with Conlons on Eglington St.? Doors have been shut the last few times I passed it with a notice up saying 'We are not open today'.

Would be a big loss to the city imho - always enjoyed the oul' fish'n'chips in there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Unfortunately, I think they have become a victim of the recession and are closed for good.
    The fire must have seriously put them under financial pressure when it happened.
    A shame to see it go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

+1
    Heard it will not be reopening which is a great shame. Some of the best smoked haddock and chips you are ever likely to sample. I think when the take away side of the business was discontinued, it was downhill after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Similar question, different restaurant. A few weeks ago I tried going to Al Muretto (Forster Court) but it was closed (about 7pm on a Thursday). I didn't see any signs indicating closure, but it didn't look likely to open either. Are they closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Have ye heard these things from reliable sources?

I'm kinda cautious about "news" in this town, given the way that rumours spread. Some of these places may have just decided to shut their kitchens for Jan/Feb, and re-open when tourist season starts again.

(Anyone know what the bag-limit on tourists is? ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

it was in the paper re al muretto closing down and its definite conlons are closed....i heard what certainly may be a rumour about conlons that a pizza restaurant may be going in there(now this def could be a rumour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed, pls back up statements with links.
    PM me or Buckfast if you have links, we'll reopen thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement