Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell E6400 Bluetooth Chip

Options
  • 15-02-2010 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi all,

I have recently installed the Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card into my new laptop. I installed the drivers as per instructions however I cannot pair any devices to my machine.

The blue light is turned on in both places (above F1 on keyboard and system tray). When I use any phone (Nokia E71, Nokia 6301 & Blackberry Bold so far) to connect, my phones don't appear on the device list on the laptop. It is the same situation on the phone's bluetooth - the laptop does not appear as a device. I have also tried to connect bluetooth keyboard, mouse & printer but nothing is showing on the device list when I scan using the tool on the system tray.

I did get one of my phones connected after I placed it on of the keyboard above the Esc key - the location of the bluetooth chip. It did register the device but as soon as I took the phone away from the keyboard, the connection was lost.

I thought that this might be a faulty bluetooth chip, however my colleague is experiencing the same issue. It is the same laptop, (identical spec, same delivery date etc) and we received the chips the same day and we both installed them separately - chances of receiving 2 faulty chips??

I have been onto Dell for hours who just ended up, uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers, playing with the device manager. Now they are telling me to reinstall the OS. This is a problem as our company has a bespoke version of XP and it takes about 2 days from start to finish. I'm part of a European IT Application & Infrastructure team for my company and this has me very stumped....

Any suggestions or ways to progress? Many thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement