Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Music from Beatport(stolen from another forum)

Options
  • 15-02-2010 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

heres what the guy wrote
    "I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but many promos are downloadable on Beatport for free. Try typing a string of 3 digits into the search bar while searching for labels. Any label with an 8 digit number will be a promo album of 10 songs. Also try searching releases for "Promo" to find a bunch of other albums - note that a lot of these are paid downloads but amongst them is a few that are completely free. Most have been released fairly recently and there's some good stuff in there from artists like Paolo Mojo (Paris) and John Digweed (Gridlock - Further Delays mix). Sure there's some rubbish in there but hey it's free, so it can't really hurt to have it lying around. Anyone got any other tricks for finding freebies on Beatport?

Happy downloading "

heres the thread,some people have put up some of the numbers for others to enter into the beatport searchbar
    http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=222012

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good work Sean!

Although in fairness if you want free music its not exactly hard to get. Does this qualify as Legal free music?
    I wonder will beatport fix the loophole when they find out...
    King Street Miami 2008 Promo Tracks (search by Release)
    Vega Records WMC Promo (search by Release)
    Beatport Promotion (or www.beatport.com/vip)

Anyone else got any others? These have all been saved to the My Labels tab so I can go right through the samples and work out what is worth grabbing.

Edit: I missed 46777149, Sasha - Coma (Slam Dub)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

We could do with a 'free [legal] music' thread actually. I know there is a lot of sh*te out there but equally there are plenty of good-excellent tracks released by respected producers FOC from time to time. I have had a good few gems from various sites over the last while.... time to start sharing them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Seaching for all labels in alphabetical order is excellent for finding them.

39896212 - ellien allien & others

35305095 - Laurent Garnier

14421513 - some tech house with prog house thrown in for good measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

If i wanted to download something i wouldn't be flapping about trying different codes i just go to any number of websites and download;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

savage, some good tunes.

the tech house tunes are decent.

how do u pull up the freebies, by entering a random string of 3 digits till u find a label?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Do you have to create a account to do this?

animal collective - my girls (big holden intro tune in 2009)
    moderat - a new error

74016598 - decent tunes

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Do you have to create a account to do this?

yeh u need an account to dl

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I only got a chance to try this now but I'm getting an error that says "This item is not available for purchase" - am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

This has been a well known trick for years with Beatport. Don't think they're too bothered really. Most of the tracks are rubbish but yeah you might come across the occasional gem. Hardly worth the hassle.

I'd rather just hunt down my music with my usual methods, enough hassle organising everything as it is! If I was stone-cold-broke it wouldn't be a bad idea....... but then again if I was that broke I know where to get good music for free anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement