Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on a new site

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the final stages of getting a new website set up. It will be a website mainly for swapping videogames instead of trading them in. I'd love to get peoples ideas and opinions!

We hope to introduce premium ad options as time progresses but for the time being posting all swaps are free. We hope to launch soon but would love your opinions first!

http://gameswapper.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Nobody?

I really would be grateful, no joke :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Could do with some dummy listings on it to see how the games being traded sit on the site etc. Could give more feedback then.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Definitely could do with some dummy listings. It's hard to imagine how the site will look when populated with games.

If you can put a few up, we can give a better feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

It definitely needs some ads to start things off.

I would also say the "We're offline!" live chat constantly on screen is annoying.

The first thing people see is the post about the rules, but you've no post explaining how trading works. It's hidden under the 'guide' link at the top and I think it should be the first thing people see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

I like the Idea but the execution isn't very good, it's just a wordpress blog with Classipress theme installed.

The Header image looks out of place.

It's a little bit of a eye sore too, Sorry!

The good news Robert, Your website appears to worth over 1600 US dollars according to website outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Axwell wrote: »
    Could do with some dummy listings on it to see how the games being traded sit on the site etc. Could give more feedback then.

I've added two listings, one with a picture, one without. If you think I'd need to add more to get detailed feedback, let me know.
    Kila wrote: »
    Definitely could do with some dummy listings. It's hard to imagine how the site will look when populated with games.

If you can put a few up, we can give a better feedback.

As above.
    CoNfOuNd wrote: »
    It definitely needs some ads to start things off.

I would also say the "We're offline!" live chat constantly on screen is annoying.

The first thing people see is the post about the rules, but you've no post explaining how trading works. It's hidden under the 'guide' link at the top and I think it should be the first thing people see.

Ads have been er ... added and if you need any more let me know. As for the rules, I'll definitely keep that in mind and try to implement something better later today. As for the live chat, I can see where you're coming from and when the site does launch, it should be online a lot more.
    Damien1989 wrote: »
    I like the Idea but the execution isn't very good, it's just a wordpress blog with Classipress theme installed.

The Header image looks out of place.

It's a little bit of a eye sore too, Sorry!

The good news Robert, Your website appears to worth over 1600 US dollars according to website outlook.

Wow, my site is worth $1600? Wanna buy it? :p TO be honest I chose WordPress because I didn't think there was any other options that would be easy enough to implement. If you know of another option, please share it with me because I'm still very open to ideas!

Thanks for all the feedback, and anything else you would like to mention can be directed at me.

Advertisement