Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom router Zyxel xbox 360->Mac issue

Options
  • 14-02-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I was using the netopia router for yonks and all works perfectly:

xbox <--ethernet--> Netopia <--Wireless--> MacPro

I use Connect 360 to share my movies folder to the xbox and it has always worked. However, just recently upgraded my BB to 24mb (but only get 13mb of course) and since then it hasn't worked correctly.

The xbox can see my shared Mac but if i try to connect it says there's a com problem and device cannot connect. However, SOMETIMES it does work!?! just not consistently.

Only mods I made to the Zyzel was to change wireless key and login password and SSID.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Try turning the firewall from medium to low to see if this makes a diff.

Ive found with the PS3 that the UPNP features on the zyxel are better than the netopias. You can get NAT2 by making the above change, where with the Netopia there are way more fiddley things to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Gr1f

Thanks,
    yea, that was one of the first things i tried. Still won't connect 90% of the time. The Netopia didn't have this issue at all :-) I'd still use it only for it doesn't have ADSL2+ support. I'm not sure if that makes a huge difference in the real world either....

Connect 360 cannot see the Xbox at all. It would normally list it as a known device. I'm not even sure I can ping the xbox from my mac anymore, have to check that when i get home.

Xbox connection to PC test on the xbox cannot get to the Mac, although, as i stated, it will see it in the connection list and it will eventually connect after a while.

Something's blocking something, not sure what or where the block is in the new Zyxel.

Advertisement