Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lich King down

Options
  • 14-02-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

(10 man :( )

Still its an awesome awesome fight with a really nice end.

Im curious as to how many people have done it yet and how youve got on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

on sindrogosa 10 man now have a had a few minus 5% tries on her and just missing a kill but with the extra second on the debuff's should make a huge difference, but havent even tried it this week due to the other tank being unavailable. :(

should have a kill soon, roll on heroic mode's plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well done and fair play :)

We got sindragosa down tonight. And I got my first kill on blood queen and as a guild we did a first on dreamwalker ( easy fight).

So we have 3 hours on Tuesday to attempt arthas, and I'm confident we will get him.

Sindragosa was a tough enough fight, phase 3 gets panicy, but once we got movement down it was grand, although it was touch and go with only 3 people alive to do the last few hp.

Have to say so far, ICC has been one of the most fun instances I've gone too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gratz pal, i've just transfered server, so in a new guild etc now, only raiding 2 nights a week and are only 9/12 so far in icc25, dont have time for 10 man atm :( aww well, im sure i'll get to kill the fag soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

grats lee, maybe thats why you dont respond to me on skype :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Killed him on 25man on Sunday almost done it on Thursday would of got a top80 world or so but settled for 177, only did 10 man today after we burned through our 12 or so trys last week with wrong tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nobody on Nordrassil US has downed him yet, and from what im told my guild is nowhere near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Gratz on the kill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Uttik

Mist on our server just downed him on 25 man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Uttik wrote: »
    Mist on our server just downed him on 25 man
    Yeah, they downed him literally about 15 minutes before Unknown Entity (ally) did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Easy enough fight by the looks to be honest, mind you the whole of icc is a bot of a joke if you have a group of people that actually know how to play the game... Which these days is like 4 different buttons for casting/melee and to not stand in glowing/fire ****.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Easy enough fight by the looks to be honest, mind you the whole of icc is a bot of a joke if you have a group of people that actually know how to play the game... Which these days is like 4 different buttons for casting/melee and to not stand in glowing/fire ****.

Have you done it yet......

ICC is not a joke. I'm not attacking you, but I just wonder where you play world of warcraft, because you literally make nothing but smart comments about " ez mode" when it comes to instances and boss fights.

Yes WoW is easier then when we used to have to farm weeks for fire res gear and then spend 3 hours organising a 40man raid, then spend 9 hours attempting the raid, and keeping 40 people in line.

How anyone even thought that fun is beyond me.

What we have now is yes easier end game content, and yes more accessible end game content. But we also have the best bossfights we have ever had, and the most fun ones.

ICC is the most fun, and imo, the best raiding dungeon that exists ingame. Theres minimal trash in between bosses, and the trash is still a challenge, the bossfights have interesting mechanics and are tough at first until you start to grab the gear. And if your a spazmo your going to get caught out quickly enough.

And the lich king fight is anything but easy. And remember heroic mode is still to come. The idea is that anyone who wants to put the effort into raiding, now can, without having to waste their life farming reputations, resistance gear or access to raids. They can just get stuck in.

But if you want to progress, you need to have a brain and have the ability.

I'm pretty sure no one went in and killed the lichking on their first go. And granted the " world first kills" might have done it in one lockout, remember, from reading wol logs, they spent in some cases between 5-8 hours on the lich king.

I tip my hat to those who have already done it, and I'll tip it some more for those that progress through heroic modes,

Because all you have to do is try to get a pug to get past putricide in ICC10 and realise this is not an easy raid, then try get a pug to get through just rotface and fester on 25.

And relate that to how easy ToC was on release. My first ToC 10 run resulted in a full clear, as did my first 25.

ICC has taken me what, over a month ( time wasted with a **** guild granted) but brought some meaning back into progression and what it was like to actually kill a boss, and feel the reward from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No I have not tried it yet as i took a huge step back from raiding months ago. But from watching the videos it dosen't look all that complicated. My point of it being as you so eoloquently put it "ez mode" still stands. Guilds who are nobodys have taken him down on 10 and 25 just hours after all the world famous guilds did. And for me, thats making the game so "Ez". How long after BT was released did it take to get Illy down, or KJ in SWP? LK in the first night means that this game has become a total scrubfest. Believe me, i am not taking away from the people that have killed him but you can obviously see my point here.

Yeah ToC and TotCg were a joke if you just strolled out of ulduar having all the hard modes on farm for ages, have to agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Totgc was a non raid imo. It was nothing more than an overhyped ring of blood. I'm sorry to say that there weren't that many on the server I was on, who were capable of something so straight forward :(

ICC is easy. The only way made you say the Lich King wasn't downed till a couple of months after it came out, was by gating it. If the full ICC was open in week 1, I wonder how long it would really have taken people to put him down. 2 weeks? 3?

People who think they're pro, just because this game is now easy enough for an 8 year old to play (One of the top guilds on Khadgar horde side, has an officer who lets his 8 y/o son play for him. I think it's 8, it might be younger - and he does as good a job as most), should really catch themselves on. There are no real achievements here, except the achievement that Blizzard have managed in getting people addicted and so excited at a flashing warning on their screens.

Congratulations on the down, everyone who's done it. I have no intention of belittling it as a nothing, but i'm sure those who've now done it will accept that ICC isn't that much of a challenge as blizzard have shown they're capable of presenting us with. I don't really expect Blizzard will ever go back to the glory days of good raiding instances, but I can still hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

its a game iceman. Making it easier to get to a certain point, not to get good or properly geared.

I wouldnt be playing the game if it wasnt as accesable as it is now.

I don't disagree. In fact, that's entirely my point. It's a game. Just a game.

There are however 3 types of players. Good, able to get by, and bad. It doesn't go beyond good though. It can't, not anymore. Maybe it never did, and just felt like it.

You don't even need to be properly geared any more. You can just get stuff that's a higher iLevel than what you had before, yet statistically worse for you, and you'll still get by. A good player is good in most non entry level gear. An average player needs to have a lot of BiS (or close) gear to do well, and a bad player could have full BiS, and still can't understand the simple 0HP=0DPS fact.

All I was stating outside of that, is that nobody can or should really consider themselves 'pro' at this game. Good yes, and great that they are, but pro - no. The difference is usually just people who can use their brains vs people who shut theirs off and let ego fill the space left behind.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;64526775'] I don't really expect Blizzard will ever go back to the glory days of good raiding instances, but I can still hope.

Who wants to go back to those days? I was there for them, and I dont want too. Raiding wasnt accesible to me most of the time. Having to put aside nearly 12 hours to clear an endgame raid, thats ridiculous, and not feasible.

I still stand by the way the game has turned, and back it fully. Im not a new age wow player strutting in grabbing gear and clearing content, I'm here from the start, and before most of you touched beta.

But end game raiding was not accessible to all, it disregarded alot of people. I always wanted to raid, as did alot of my friends, but we couldnt genuinely put that amount of time aside to do it.

And lets not forget, pugs were really non existent back in vanilla ( to expect content cleared or any progression).

At most know you are waiting an hour to put together a competant icc25 group, that still wont get past the plague wing.

I love 10 man raids. I find them more social, fun and overall satisfying for me. 40 man raids were impersonal and you could literally get away with slacking. The same goes for 25's now. If I take the foot of the gas and drop 4 places in dps, nothing is said, its sometimes not even noticed.

If i do this in ten man there is a problem.

25man is harder yes, cause of the higher hp. But I just find 10 man more enjoyable, and everyone has to push themselves in their spot to ensure success, which doesnt happen in 25mans.

The game has had some great developments, and I back them completely (raid lockout extending being one), but what i'm talking about is the way raid instances were structured. The challenge each part gave, and the fact that getting to the boss was nearly as much fun as the boss fight itself.

Think on BT, or even further back to vanilla, if you could extend the raid lockout. You wouldn't have to spend as much time on it each week - you could plan ahead, but you would eventually get it down. Then the next time you went it would be easier, but not so easy that you could just walk it.

The way it was, you had to go in, take a swing at it, and walk away. Come back and start fresh. To use an analogy it would be like chopping down a tree in a given time. You keep hacking away at it till you get used to how to chop the tree, and each time you start on a fresh one, you get further in, but it's never completely easy.

It's just that the way blizzard are now constructing instances, it's taking away most of what made it enjoyable raiding. Take totc for example - no trash. There's half the fun gone already. Gear upgrades aren't as thrilling as they used to be because they're more readily available, and (as I mentioned) if you're a good player, you can go pretty much a whole tier level less than is normally expected. That's why GS's are such a joke. Blizzard has put more emphasis on get gear and go raid, than learning how to raid, and getting gear as a reward. Notice how many rewards are being thrown into the game now? They're there to fill the space of what they took away.

Oh, and I was a tauren shaman in the beta :) Never got near Naxx in vanilla, but loved every minute of vanilla till the time when TBC got a release date announced, and people just stopped playing the game, and waited.

The game is too easy imo, i know theres hardmodes... but they're still the same boss. I know in a month or so i'll be bored out of my mind with ICC, i personally liked spending a few raids on a new boss and not just steam rolling the first half of the instance in the opening night, feels like a dungeon... not a raid.

I agree that in classic it was maybe abit too difficult to reach the t2/t3 raids, but it certainly wasnt 8 hour raids..... I Never raided more in classic than i do now (besides doing it 3 nights instead of my current 2) and still reached naxx before TBC was released.

They really ****ed the whole idea of progression over with wotlk, instead of a newly dinged 80 working his way up to ICC, he completely misses all of the old content and basically walks his way into ICC with badge gear. In TBC there was still guilds progressing in kara/gruul and maggy when sunwell was released, maybe some ppl think thats a bad thing and everyone should have been able to see sunwell.... well... this is a ****ing game, i dont load up Zelda and expect to be killing ganon straight away.

I really think TBC was by far the best period of wow raiding, donno why they had to go and mess with it.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;64528908'].

Oh, and I was a tauren shaman in the beta :) Never got near Naxx in vanilla, but loved every minute of vanilla till the time when TBC got a release date announced, and people just stopped playing the game, and waited.

God damn right... vanilla was awesome ! Remember seeing ppl with the unstoppable force and just be in awe ! (When i was lvling :D)

Advertisement